Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Good Fit badges

Highlighted
Tanmay M Member Since: Feb 5, 2015
21 of 36

HI Garnor,

I have been assesing since I last updated the thread.

I see the good fit badge is still coming at places, this does not cause much of an issue if it comes at the right jobs.

Secondly after this connects system and job sucess percentage changes coming in, I am not getting more jobs and to the rare case any or infact no invitations at all.

https://www.odesk.com/users/~017adcfdb3c7c71269

I have done some 160jobs with 4.96 star rating and don't know from where I got this 86% job sucess percentage, no idea; so I would like to know the full explanations as to how come my job sucess percentage is so low, what are the particular reasons.

Further if you want to rate the freelancers on the basis of job sucess %age what is the use of the star rating in the first place.

Regards

Tan

Highlighted
Sherwin Rhey C Member Since: Apr 6, 2015
22 of 36

Thank you oDesk for removing this feature. Its definitely a scare for me to apply on jobs where I don't fit in based on your system since I know for sure that I'm not qualify for the job.

Hoping for more improvements in the future and keep up the good work.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
23 of 36

Sadan Said "Ian, You are in favour of job success score because the metrics appears to work well for you but you are forgetting that you are not the only one working on oDesk. If the whole community is calling it unfair to implement it there must be a reason behind it."

I am in favor because it works! Facts of life only 20% to 25% can be Top Rated if everyone was TOP Rated there would be no point in the award?   Also I earned my top rating not only getting 5 star feedback from the customer but customer care too and repeat work! I will cross rivers and mountains for my clients to make sure they are happy and my clients know it!

Top Rated is great and I deserve it! Like I said before other freelancers need to work on they quality output and customer service."

Maria Said "Sadan, I think Ian is being a little sarcastic here. Otherwise I have no explanation for his overly enthusiastic attitude toward this indicator that lacks transparency to say the least.

Not at all I meant every word  Just because Best Fit was not functioning well enough at this time does not mean it was a bad idea. It was a great idea I hope it comes back in a more reliable form.

Hi Preston

You said

"Kudos to Ian for having the courage to stand against the majority and state his position even if it is not popular." Thanks Preston I like I said all along I will be fair!!!! oDesk has done a great job with TOP RATED ( Job Success Score).

Other freelancers who are not TOP RATED will of course try to get rid of TOP RATED ( Job Success Score). By trying to discredit it! DONT LISTEN oDesk!!!!! Job Success Score works 100% as it should.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Sadan M Member Since: Sep 3, 2010
24 of 36

Ian,

With all due respect when your obsession with this "Top Rated Program" and "JS score " is over than do look around for freelancers with 2 or less overall public feedback but having a JS score of 100% along with Top Rated Badge. A simple search on oDesk for freelancers would show you the accuracy of this algorithm. 

My point was not to oppose this JS algorithm. If you ask me I am ok with connects system and also ok with JS score but as a part of freelancer community I think we all should be considerate of all the freelancers here. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
25 of 36

I saw the Good Fit badge on two open jobs I looked at yesterday.

Pro's: If circumstances were different, they were jobs I might have been interested in bidding on.

Cons: I thought the Good Fit function had been removed.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
26 of 36

I just saw I'm a good fit. See screenshot.

Badge

John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
27 of 36

It would be nice if a moderator would explain how the *new* good fit is different from the old.

Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
28 of 36

Yep, I'm still seeing the Good Fit badge on several job posts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
29 of 36

Are they a good fit?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
30 of 36

@Stephen - I thought you had disappeared! Clearly not Smiley Happy Not sure if you're asking me, but the badges I've seen this week are on jobs that are indeed a good fit.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS