cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Good Fit badges

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
31 of 36

I posted a job and was surprised to see the recommended badge. Ironically, the candidate that has the badge is in violation of at least 1 profile rule. Is this normal? I thought the recommended and good fit badges were connected, but maybe they're not. Could a mod please clarify. Thanks

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
32 of 36

Valeria has already said that they're not supposed to be there. I got one yesterday - and surprisingly, it  was qite a good fit....

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
33 of 36

Is the good fit and recommended badge related? When the decision was reached to discontinue the good fit feature, was it also concluded to retire the recommended algorithm?

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
34 of 36

Hi Krisztina,

They're related, but they don't use the exact same info when assessing "fit." We are not removing the Recommended function as part of this change.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
35 of 36

@Garnor - with respect, things just get sillier on here. You had (though it appears you still have) a function that assessed (badly) whether a person was a good fit for a job; and you have another function that determines whether a freelancer is recommended for a particular job. And they use different information to determine this. So someone who is deemed a goof fit isn't necessarily recommended, and vice versa??? I know it's not you who makes all this up, but can you appreciate how ridiculous it looks?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
36 of 36

@Stephen B wrote:

So someone who is deemed a goof fit isn't necessarily recommended, and vice versa??? 

Stephen, was 'goof' a typo, intentional, or a Freudian slip? Cat LOL