cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Messages

ninoalva
Nino A Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
11 of 16

Over the last couple of days, I can only see Messages on PC. IOS (iPad) can NO longer see Messages. PLEASE don't ask me to INSTALL the New Messages App. Would prefer to continue with a Consistent Workflow, seeing the Whole Picture right from the One Application. 

Thanks.

Nino

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 16

Hi Salustiano,

Do you get an error trying to load Messages on your iPad? You should be able to continue on web instead of downloading the app and see your Messages.

~ Valeria
Upwork
researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
13 of 16

Salustiano,

Since iOS>Safari>Upwork doesn't support Safari requests to show the full web page, do you know about the workaround of Upwork mobile page>Menu [horizontal lines, upper right]>Settings>Desktop Site? Does that help, or do you see the problem when you've already invoked the desktop site? I just checked, and I can see my messages that way.

Best,

Michael

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
14 of 16

Today I got a message from my client thaf he has a trouble sending and receiving messages through Upwork. This is pretty serious because we had some work to do this week.

Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 16

Hi Vesna,

I am sorry to hear that your client is having troubles with Messages. Could you please advise them to contact customer support and provide details, so the team could investigate their individual issue and assist with it?

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
sputnikds
Kyle S Member Since: Jun 8, 2016
16 of 16

The messages feature is really screwy and should be fixed (or dropped altogether). I've had clients complain as well regarding this. The most recent problem was a client sent a request and I reviewed it and wrote back to them, they had a really tight deadline. I didn't hear back from him and assumed he chose someone else. However yesterday I logged in and saw there was a message from him. I never received an alert. Because of this I missed out on a $4500-$9000 contract.

This is one of the biggest requirements of a system like this and it's incredibely buggy.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS