Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Recommended Jobs Emails

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 3

Hi everyone,

We have heard your feedback about the jobs you received in the Job Digest email sent to Top Rated and Rising Talent users, along with the Act Fast job recommendation emails sent to all freelancers. 

Many of you have commented that these jobs were not related to your profile or work experience, and  you did not find the recommendations at all helpful. In a nutshell you were not happy, and we dropped the ball. 

We are working to make improvements to these email digests. We've already made updates to the Job Digest emails (sent to TR and RT) so that the jobs we are recommending are more relevant to your profile and experience. We're hoping that you see improvements on the next round of emails you are sent and would appreciate any feedback you have on them. At this time, the Act Fast emails have temporarily stopped while we work to make them better, we hope to have these updated soon. 

As always let us know your feedback or if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
2 of 3

Thanks, Lena and team!

I’m willing to turn the Job Digest emails back on to see how things go.

Now, about the Act Fast emails:

Speed, as distinct from timeliness, is no part of my prospecting process; the way other professionals here have described how they vet clients, it doesn’t seem to be part of theirs, either. Timely response is encouraged by our stats. Those who offer, propose, and hire quickly will continue to do so, sometimes robotically. Upwork boasts about how quickly hiring happens here. I can’t think of a single reason for Upwork to promote haste in responding to postings.

Best,

Michael

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 3

+1 to everything Michael wrote.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS