Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Specialized Profile

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
31 of 49

Thanks Vladimir. 

I believe I'm not the only one not happy about being forced to create specialized profile...

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
32 of 49

Thanks, Sanja. Just to clarify, I'm aware of the feedback we received from some other freelancers. The information I shared in my response to your post can also benefit other users, who might not be aware of our previous conversations or the roadmap and actions our dedicated team is taking while developing this feature further. I understand the problem and your sentiment towards the Specialized Profiles feature, and that has been shared with our team. I'd like to confirm we are getting positive feedback from both freelancers and clients, and are also seeing positive results when reviewing the metrics we're monitoring. 

Highlighted
Mark W Member Since: Jun 12, 2018
33 of 49

Deleted!

Highlighted
34 of 49

Deleted!

Highlighted
35 of 49

Deleted!

Highlighted
Kishion L Member Since: Jun 25, 2020
36 of 49

Hello,

I would like to know (step-by-step) how to delete my specialized profile.

Thank you

Highlighted
Concetta C Member Since: Jun 25, 2020
37 of 49
Hi,

I created a specialized profile that I want to delete. It’s only in the draft stage but there is no button anywhere to delete it. Can someone please help? I keep making changes on the wrong page and it’s getting very confusing. Thanks!
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
38 of 49

Hi Concetta and Kishion,

I checked your account, and it looks like you only have one specialized profile. The option to delete the specialized profile is not available in this case, and this is by design. We are now encouraging users to have a specialized profile so we want to ensure everybody owns at least one. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
39 of 49

Again with the "encouragement"—or what in standard English is known as compulsion or coercion.

Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
40 of 49

Joanne - In an Upwork help section, it says I can't delete a specialized profile if I have only one - but that I can unpublish it so it won't appear on my profile. There is no ability to do that on my new profile page and I would like to know why. I do not want a specialized profile and I want to know why I am being forced to have it. If I don't get a transparent answer, I will write to the President of Upwork to see if she can give me one.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS