cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Specialized Profiles for Freelancers

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 9

We posted about the option to create specialized profiles previously – a beta that’s currently available to some mobile developers. As a reminder, if you’re a mobile developer in the beta program, you can highlight your expertise in a specific mobile platform. We had a first group of customers create profiles, and we’re analyzing that data to make updates to the experience before we invite more users.

In the meantime, on some mobile development jobs, you’ll begin seeing an option to submit a specialized profile instead of your general profile. Before submitting a proposal, you can now 1) double-check your matching profile or 2) create a specialized profile if you have not yet done so.

Those who have a specialized profile set up already will see an option to review that profile on the bottom left-hand corner of their submit proposal page. Clicking on the link will open a new tab with your specialized profile.

Specializedprofile1.png

If you haven’t yet set up a specialized profile, you’ll see an option to create one when viewing a job in that category. Clicking on the link on the top right-hand corner of the job page will open a new tab to bring you to the specialized profile creation page.

specializedprofil2.png

Once you create a specialized profile, the confirmation message will prompt you to return to the job to complete your proposal – you won’t miss a beat, and clients will appreciate that you’ve highlighted a tailored skillset.

Let us know if you have any questions on this new feature. We will be rolling this out to other categories in the coming months. 

Untitled
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
2 of 9

Lena, is there a guesstimate date on if and when this might roll out for all genres of providers on an across the platform basis?

Thanks in advance -

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 9

Hi Wendy, 

The program is starting as a pilot in the mobile dev category, and the team is expecting to rollout to other categories this year. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 9

Very excited to see this implemented across the platform.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
5 of 9

Thanks, Lena. Like Rene, I'm looking forward to this implementation platform-wide.

Ferhat O Member Since: Mar 21, 2018
6 of 9

Hi,

Where can we suggest our opinions about the upcoming profile specialization types other than beta profile specialization wizard? And how do you decide the types of fields? Thank you.

Phillip J S Member Since: Jan 5, 2017
7 of 9

This is a great idea.  I write as a tech writer within several fields but also as a comedy writer and stand up and at times I have wondered if my profile looks a little weird to have such different functional areas all rolled into one.  It would be great to have a specialized profile within the specialties.  So far, clients have found me but I am not sure how, or if, it has affected anyone looking at my profile.  I'd love to see this on more areas as well.  Great read, thanks.

Ace Contributor
Ilyas M Member Since: Apr 2, 2015
8 of 9

When will this feature be available for freelancers in Accounting category?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 9

Hi Ilyas,

This program will be rolled out to other categories this year as well, thank you.

Untitled