Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Specialized Profiles for Freelancers

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
41 of 49

Hi Joan,

I checked your account, and I can see that you are already corresponding with one of our agents. Please reply to the ticket with the information the agent requested so that they can assist you further. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
42 of 49

Yes, Joanne, I finally received an email from an Upwork support person. To date, she has not been able to help me and I spent a lot of time following her suggestion which did not solve my problem.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
43 of 49

Hi Joan,

I'd like to follow up and confirm that it is by design that a freelancer won't be able to unpublish or delete a specialized profile if they only have one specialized profile.

Highlighted
Community Guru
44 of 49

Then, Vladimir, please explain to me why Upwork has a help page for specialized profiles that specifically states the following:

"Note: If you only have one specialized profile, you will not see the option to delete it. You can always choose to unpublish it or edit the information."

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
45 of 49

Hi Joan,

Thanks for flagging and apologies about the confusion the information shared in the Help article created. We'll make sure to update the Help article in order to reflect the same information we shared on this thread.

Highlighted
Community Guru
46 of 49

OK - Vladimir - I will now write to the President of Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
47 of 49

"Encourage" - Joanne? No, Upwork is forcing some people to do something they don't want to do. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
48 of 49

On Nov.19, 2019 Rene wrote;

"Valeria K wrote:

Hi Wendy,

In all cases, the profile that is most relevant to the job requirements will automatically be shown with the proposal. 

Please stop doing that. Your algorithm has no idea which profile is the most relevant. Oftentimes the clients don't know themselves and you cannot base your decision on the keywords they select. Leave the choice of the specialized profile to those who know: the ones who are submitting the proposal!

Please stop interfering with decisions that are not yours to make."

This CONTINUES to be a serious problem ... Perhaps U. can explain WHY FLers can not determines which of our profiles is best suited for a RFP.  Our specialized knowledge far exceeds the accuracy of your algorithms.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
49 of 49

Wendy, this is not the case anymore. 

Currently, all freelancers have the option to select what profile they'd like to send with their proposal.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS