Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Agency Permissions

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 35

In the next couple of weeks, we’ll be rolling out a few highly requested permission updates that make it easier for agencies to work on Upwork:

• Agency freelancers will no longer be able to accept or decline offers on behalf of the agency unless they are also Business Managers (aka “Staffing Managers”)

• Agency freelancers will no longer be able to see earnings and rates in their work history (including on agency profile or individual profile within agency)

• Business Managers for agencies can submit milestones for any open agency contract on behalf of the agency

• All agency contractors with full Work Diary permissions can view the Work Diaries of other contractors in their agency, across the agency’s client contracts

To learn more check out our blog here and to read details of upcoming permission changes check out this help article. More things are to come. We’ll keep you posted on updates and welcome your feedback on ways to improve your experience and success.

Untitled
Ilya B Member Since: Jun 26, 2014
2 of 35

Could you please adupt Elance's Agency workflow, it's very unprofessional and strange to ask every one of my clients to hire me and my wife for the same Agency project.

It was so easy and simple in Elance, any member of the agency could work on any agency project, log time and send messages without being hired for that project by the client. It really limits my ability to grow my agency, 'cause I would have to ask every client to hire me and another 2-3 people to work on his project, which is just confusing ... 

Think about it, when you sign a contract with Verison for example, they're not asking to you hire a dozen people responsible for providing me with customer service, R&D and all those other things that go into the service of providing me with a cellular service.

I want to hire more people and take on more projects, but it's impossible under the current Agency structure.

Thanks.

Md. Rafiqul I Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
3 of 35

Yes! You are right and actually it will be great initiative, if it will be done.

Vinit C Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 35

Also, When you submit a proposal it should be submitted as a agency not as contractor. Client's always get confused about profile as he generally misses the agency profile. And secondly In agency we have soo many employees, and employees keep joining and changing there jobs. Its company who develier's the work and not a contractor. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 35

Hi Ilya and Vinit,

Thank you for your feedback. On Upwork we aspire to keep the relationship between the client, the freelancer and the agency transparent so the client is always aware who is working on the project. That's why there has to be an individual contract between the client and the freelancer. The client will still see that the freelancer is a part of an agency when they review the proposal and create a contract with them. Additionally, feedback the client provides will show on the agency profile as well.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Nikhildas A Member Since: Oct 9, 2015
6 of 35

Yes I agree. without this feature, Agencies are in big trouble!

Mohammad S Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
7 of 35

Hi,

This is a great initiative and very nice feature to have. I am sure all are going to love this.

Thanks,

Zaid

Shrinivasan P Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
8 of 35

Hi,

We are new to this Upwork but we have done many more projects in Elance. In Elance everyone know that the project awarded to whom and what price. That will be helpful for other freelancers. But in Upwork these details not available. If you implement this facility to Upowork is helpful.

Thanks.

Shrinivas. P,

Shrinivasan P Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
9 of 35

In Upwork the paypal email id is automatically taken from the default emil id we are using in our profile. But if we are using different paypal id, the option not given to add the new paypal id. This will be difficult for who are using other email for paypal. But in Elance, there will be an option to add different paypal id. Upwork can give this option.

Thanks.

Shrinivas. P.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 35

Hi Shrinivasan,

If your PayPal account is registered to another email address, choose one of the following ways to make your PayPal and Upwork emails match:

• Add the email address you use on Upwork to your existing PayPal account. When you log into the PayPal website this option is in My Account > Profile. Click the link in the confirmation email from PayPal to complete the addition. Or,
    • Click the Settings icon on any Upwork page to change your email address to match the one on your PayPal account.

For security reasons emails on your PayPal and your Upwork account have to match.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS