Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update to Agency Permissions

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 36

Hi Shrinivasan,

If your PayPal account is registered to another email address, choose one of the following ways to make your PayPal and Upwork emails match:

• Add the email address you use on Upwork to your existing PayPal account. When you log into the PayPal website this option is in My Account > Profile. Click the link in the confirmation email from PayPal to complete the addition. Or,
    • Click the Settings icon on any Upwork page to change your email address to match the one on your PayPal account.

For security reasons emails on your PayPal and your Upwork account have to match.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Shrinivasan P Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
12 of 36

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your help.

Shrinivas. P.

Omid R Member Since: Jul 10, 2015
13 of 36

Thank you for your attention towards agency. Unfortunately Upwork does not have enough attention towards agencies. But this can be a promising step. I think Upwork should give more tools to agency holders to manage their teams. For example at this time every agency member can leave a team without agency manger notice, this is very bad and frustrating. I as an agency manager have a bad experience from this. I invited some freelancers out of Upwork to join us in Upwork. They joined us, they did not have any experience in Upwork, and they used my bidding and money to bid for different projects. First they were not successful because they did not have enough experience here, I helped them to grow, I put a lot of time to make them aware of the process and regulations here. But when they learned everything and developed they closed all the contracts and left my team without my permission. I couldn’t do anything for this loss.

14 of 36

Hi Omid,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. However, we do not have any immediate plans to limit freelancers' ability to leave an agency at their free will. I suggest you communicate with your agency freelancer and make sure you build professional and trustworthy relationships with them so everybody is on the same page.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Rustam B Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
15 of 36

Hi Valeria, I met a problem when submiting a proposal, I am manager of our agency Baikalteam, there is one more manager who's name is Aleksandr and on agency member who's name is Roman, when I submit the proposal the only option I have is Aleksandr and me to involve the proposal, I can not involve Roman for any proposal as you can see in screenshot, please provide the solution for that problem

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 36

Hi Rustam,

This user's registration wasn't accepted but our team reviewed and allowed the freelancer to operate as an exclusive member of your Agency.

Rustam B Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
17 of 36

Thank you Vladimir for your reply, but still can not involve him for any proposal, what was wrong with user's registration?

Sutapa D Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
18 of 36

Thanks for your initiatives upon Agency benefit on Upwork. We have just completed our 1st month business cycle on Upwork. As a Business Manager & Owner of an agency, I found few major issues which are not in favor for the Agency.

1. We have lost so many opportunities to submit our proposal as there are many proposals, there clearly indicated that "Freelancer Type: Freelancers Only" under "Preferred Qualifications" on the proposal. Therefore, we couldn't submit our proposal, though we are eligible to do those jobs. This is completely disadvantage for the Agency.

2. The other major problem, I noticed that in Upwork there is no option to transfer any assigned contract to different agency member according to Business Manager/Admin's choice, due to limitations, for hourly job, the one who is hired, should be the only one to track time and work for this contract. An agency may several agency members. So Business Manager can alter the contract/task to another agency member as per his/her choice and also he/she can distribute works upon their Freelancer Agency Members regarding their availability. Upwork should give more tools to agency holders to manage their teams.

3. Elance Agency workflow is too better than Upwork because Agency can submit their proposal and any reliable Agency should have to manage the job with their Agency Team members as Agency are responsible for paying their team members.

In order to make the great Upwork freelancer platform, I feel above issues should resolve for Agency benefit on Upwork.

Thank you

Vipin K Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
19 of 36

It would be really great if the upwork agency manager can assign any agency freelancer to any projects, where in agency been hired. On elance, it was the same. Because, clients are hiring the Agency's, and they are not bothered about, who is actually going to work on their project. They are only bothered about whether their projects is getting completed on time, with quality. If they need to work with freelancers, they can go for Independent freelancers, they need not to hire an agency/ company for that. 

So please think about this feature and try to add this ASAP. Because, agency's with big projects will be always required to add up or reduce the team size, whenever required, for the efficient management of the project team and on time completion. 

Also at present, only the clients can add the new milestones on existing project. Pelase enable it for Agency managers too. So that an agency manager also can create a new milestone, after discussing with the client. And if the client is creating the new milestone, then it should be sent to the agency Manager for the approval/acceptance. If the agency manager created the milestone, it should be send to client for the approval/ acceptance, as like on elance. So that either party can review the terms and ensure that, everything been mentioned as discussed. Also at present no one receiving any notifications, when the new milestones been added. Which is really horrible. Also when the new milestones been added with same project, value of that new milestone is not getting added with the total agree project value. For example, when the project started, total project value was $2000. Later client come up with some additional features, which is estimated for $500, and created a new milestone on upwork. Then the total project value should be shows like $2500. But it is still showing like $2000 itself, which is absolutely wrong. 

20 of 36

Hi Sutapa and Vipin,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and suggestions with us. I will forward them to the team for consideration. While we understand that Upwork agency model is different from Elance's one, we are planning to continue improving it to make the process of working on Upwork as smooth and efficient as possible. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS