cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update to Agency Permissions

Sutapa D Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
21 of 36

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your assurance. Elance Agency workflow is the best. In Elance, there are currently 142,031 companies/agencies, all will be benefitted if you improve this platform like Elance.

Thanks again

Vipin K Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
22 of 36

Also, could you please open a place where Upwork and elance Contractors/ Buyers can post the suggestions to improve the platform. This is surely going to be a great initiative then. Please assign a team from your side to collect this suggestions on daily basis and present it on your product feature enhancement meetings. And just try to add those, so that collectively we can make upwork as an awesome platform. Right now we don't have any single place just for posting these suggestions. What is happening now is, every one getting into forum and posting their suggestions on different places under different topic threads. This way, nothing is been addressed by upwork properly. Now itself I can put forward some suggestions. 

1. On Agency roaster, please start giving an indication, if any of their agency contractor profile is suspended. Now it is shown only on contractor's profile. This way Agency owner will get to know, so and so contractors are suspended. 

2. When a client added new milestones to an existing project, Agency owners not getting any notification about that. Please consider this as a very mandatory feature. 

3. In our messages box, we don't have the facility to mark a message as "read" and "unread", As an agency owner I get lots of messages every day from clients. So messages might not be required to answered immediately, which can be answered after couple of hours. In that case, i want to mark it as "unread" for referring it again later. Hence please add this feature too. 

4. You have announced that, agency owners/ managers too can create the new milestones on existing projects. But I am not seeing any such facility there. 

5. Also please think about enabling the agencys to create contractor profiles just for the login and time tracking purposes. Because, as I have mentioned in my preivous posting, when a client hires an agency for their project, cient is not bothered who is working on it. They are concerned only about, whethere the agency is completing it with quality or not. So please think about enabling the agencies to create  more sub-users under their agency profile. For example, I got a big project on upwork, where in client agreed to put 10 full time developers ot work on hourly basis, where in each developer can work upto 40hrs/week for $15/hour. And client is not botheres about which are all developers working on it. Client is interacting only with the project manager from my company. In this case, I am putting 10 employees from my company on this project. According to current upwork policy, I have to create profiles for each of these 10 employees and then add it with my agency like that... it is kind of very difficult process for agencys/companies. Inspite of that, if you can make it in a way that, keeping agency owner as super user, and having the agencys a 100% complete profiles with portfolios and test.... and letting them create sub-users for their project coordination purpose, where in they can share this login with any of their employees to work on client's projects.. this way, the agency is being rated by the clients.. infact on elance, it was more or less same.. On elance, when a client hires an agency, they were not concerned, who is going to work on their project.. 

Highlighted
Nikhildas A Member Since: Oct 9, 2015
23 of 36

Ability to assign project to multiple team members was the differnentiater in elance. This should not be excluded on upwork.

In current system, we can not assign multiple team members to one project rather client has to award project multiple times ewual to the number of team memmbers which is not good for the system and If it is so, purpose of agency / company is defeated as they can not assign new team memeber to the project.

There is one more pain, as we now for bigger projects, mutiple people works on one project, in upwork we can not have another team memeber work until client open up another project.

Shrinivasan P Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
24 of 36

Hi,

We are new to this upwork. There is any option that make the earnings as "Private". In Elance there is option to hide the earnings.

Thanks.

Shrinivas. P.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
25 of 36

No.

Vipin K Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
26 of 36

Regarding Milestone Creation!

- Could you please consider it in a way, how it is on Elance. Both Client or Freelancer can create the milestones, but must be approved by other party after reviewing it. This way, it will make the process easier. I can see you have mentioned this in our announcement. But please let me know, if this has been already rolled out. 

Yash M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
27 of 36

I am confused for why upwork does not allow payments unless name is verified.

I have a agency account. It is actually a team or you can say informal organization. we want to distribute earning equally but upwork don't allow to transfer money in any other accound.

If fund goes in single account we have to pay huge tax as whole sum comes in 1 account which is really shocking. Upwork should understand this and should atleast allow to transfer in those account that are relative to agency,

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 36

Hi Yash,

I understand your concern. However, due to legal and security limitations we are unable to allow transfer of funds between different Upwork accounts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
29 of 36

Yash, Valeria provided a definitive answer to your question about being able to do this through Upwork. You can't.

But you might be able to talk to your bank (or another bank) about setting up a business account that would allow you to accomplish your goals of being able to transfer money among different business partner's individual accounts.

Bibhas D Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
30 of 36

Hi,

We have migrated our profile to Upwork from Elance.. Thanks for this to You and your Technical Teams.  But I feel Elance Agency/Company workflow is rather good than Upwork as there was option on "Privacy Settings" about "Do not publicly display my earnings as a freelancer on Elance (Only show to clients within proposals)." This is most important for all Agency Owner as we have responsible for directly pay to our Agency Freelancers.

Please keep in mind and take necessary implementation about this feature.

Thank you,

Regards,

Bibhas

Owner

Disha India

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS