cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update to Community Boards and Replies

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 23

This week we will be pushing two small updates to Community boards and replies.

On board tiles we have updated the information to now display the profile image of the latest poster along with the latest posters name at the top. The author of the post will be displayed on the last line after the reply and kudo count. See screen shot below:

Update Community Tiles.png

Additionally, we are adding a timestamp to post replies to be included along side the post date. See highlighted change in screenshot.

Timestamp community post.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

Untitled
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
2 of 23

@Lena E wrote:

Additionally, we are adding a timestamp to post replies to be included along side the post date.

Man Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
3 of 23

@Lena E wrote:

On board tiles we have updated the information to now display the profile image of the latest poster along with the latest posters name at the top. The author of the post will be displayed on the last line after the reply and kudo count. See screen shot below:

Hopefully, it works as intended. The current setup sometimes doesn't work. With the "Latest Post" showing the author of the post even though somebody else posted/replied, like the one below:

forum.pngLena E shouldn't be the "Latest Post"

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
4 of 23

@Renante V wrote:

@Lena E wrote:

Hopefully, it works as intended. The current setup sometimes doesn't work. With the "Latest Post" showing the author of the post even though somebody else posted/replied, like the one below:

forum.pngLena E shouldn't be the "Latest Post"

And worse, sometimes the "latest poster" is someone who has not contributed to a thread at all. 

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 23

This update is now live. There may be a small delay in updating the info, as you shared Renante. But if you do see the wrong name showing Reinier, or encounter any issues, let us know.

Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 23

Unlike Rene ... I don't see the point of this.

@Lena E wrote:

This update is now live. There may be a small delay in updating the info, as you shared Renante. But if you do see the wrong name showing Reinier, or encounter any issues, let us know.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
7 of 23

Lena,

Please, please, please!!!

Restore the forums to their old look!
That the main photo of the thread is that of the person who started it.
This change is crazy and very uncomfortable.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 23

Great news! Displaying the pic and name of the last poster was I suggested some time ago, I think it's more logical. Thanks for this Upwork.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
9 of 23

@Rene K wrote:

Great news! Displaying the pic and name of the last poster was I suggested some time ago, I think it's more logical. Thanks for this Upwork.

More logical? That's a very strange point of view. I'm afraid I don't see any logic in this.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
10 of 23

I am very late to the party. I haven't visited the forum here in a while but have done so lately. Really dislike this change. I immediately associate the image with the person who posted the thread which is obviously now mostly incorrect. You see odd and silly postings with the images of the more prominent members here and it's just off-putting. There is no other message board that I've been a part of that does things like this. Also, as was posted earlier, having a non UW employee's picture showing up with an official announcement from UW makes no sense (as mine will be for the moment for this thread). Unclear why this change was made.  In the old days you used to get a phone book delivered to your door. It's sort of like if they just decided to give you that phone book but it starts with Z and progresses to A. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS