cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update to Community Boards and Replies

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
11 of 23

It looks awkward and confusing. You can browse pages and see the same images over and over.

Generally speaking, the forums are displaying in the header the image and name of the post author,  and the latest poster in  the footer line.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
12 of 23

Yes Claudia it was confusing, this new change we hope makes things clearer. So now when browsing the forums you will see the photo and name of the latest poster in the "header" line and the author name now in the "footer".

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
13 of 23

@Lena E wrote:

Yes Claudia it was confusing, this new change we hope makes things clearer.

No, the new change is what IS confusing. Completely LESS CLEAR.

So now when browsing the forums you will see the photo and name of the latest poster in the "header" line and the author name now in the "footer".

This is EXACTLY BACKWARDS.

Especially for announcement threads, this gets ridiculously confusing - makes it look like regular users are making official Upwork announcements instead of commenting on posts by employees/moderators/etc. Are the comments more important than the original post?

The format should be, as it is on hundreds of other message board sites (which is the point Claudia tried to make above), that the original post date and original author are most prominent, and the most recent commenter is listed below the post snippet, also with a date. As it is now, the change is creating confusion on purpose.

The new format also further conceals how old a thread is, leading to even more "zombie" posts reappearing with new replies on ancient issues, which many regular users have complained about many many times. Please listen to your users. This change makes things worse, not better.

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
14 of 23

When I scroll through the community's posts, I used to see the pictures of the people who posted the posts. Now, the photos of the people whom last replied will show instead. This is very confusing.

I figured this is the case when I saw Rene's picture next to the post titled: "Ending Contract and bad private feedback by mistake", and I was like, there's no way on earth Rene is asking this question.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 23
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
16 of 23

Some of us have already complained about this, but it is a new "improvement" of Upwork Robot Frustrated

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Profile-stats-profile-views-bug/m-p/496969#M302859

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
17 of 23
Sorry, I usually use the search but I procrastinated this time. My client told me "procrastination is the biggest nation".

OK now seriously, how is this an improvement? I don't understand. They actually "invested" time to purposely make it function this way? But why? I must be missing the point. For me it's nothing but total confusion.
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
18 of 23

Thanks, Upwork!

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
19 of 23

/boggle.

For days, I've been under the impression this was an extension of the missing profile picture bug. I can't believe this was done intentionally. This change is a detriment to the user experience and serves no purpose.

Upwork claims to be a tech company. How does it get so. much. tech. backwards?

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
20 of 23

LOL.

It used to be the way it is now again. NOBODY ever complained about the thread format in the old community.

Instead, lots of people asked UW to change it back when they rolled out the forums the way they looked until this recent update (including me.)

Why should there be MORE zombie threads when in the overview it clearly states who last posted when?  The problem was, is, and will be that some people ONLY ever read the latest post and reply w/o even bothering to find out what the OP or anybody else on the previous pages had to say.

Also, we all know that only mods (should) start new threads in the announcement section - so what's the big deal?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS