cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update to Freelancer Profile Layouts

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
21 of 103
Thanks for the screenshot - my profile doesn't seem to be in the new layout yet so I was going off the example in your first post. No complaints regarding that then.
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
22 of 103

Lena, please post a correct version of what this willl look like.  Best as I can tell from moderator comments neither of the two examples in this thread are accurate.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
23 of 103

Wendy,

Here is an example of a profile in a new layout. You can see the skills section.

Screenshot from November 1, 2017 4-07 PM.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
24 of 103

@Valeria K wrote:

Wendy,

Here is an example of a profile in a new layout. You can see the skills section.

More changes no one asked for, serving to make the platform even clunkier.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
25 of 103

This is quite unfortunate. Profiles were one of the few things really well done here, that we virtually never saw anyone complaining about.

Relegating the information clients are most interested in and that are most relevant to the freelancer's qualification to the job to the bottom of the page in favor of earning information that was easily located if the client was interested makes no sense at all.

If I'm hiring someone to hand code a website, I couldn't care less if he's earned $750,000 working on Wordpress sites. I want to know what his skills are as they relate to my project.

Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
26 of 103

Yeah, this is not a good user experience in general now as far as profiles are concerned. Clients want to see what I do exactly and my feedback so they can see I have done well for other clients. Earnings may be important, but the skills are really important if a client wants to hire me. At least that's the way I see it when I think like a client and I wanted to hire someone...

I also feel my hourly rate is less noticeable and in a weird spot now. 

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
27 of 103

Ugh. Now I can see the changed profile. That initial example in the OP was quite misleading. I didn't look closely, but it seemed as if the skills list was right under the overview, which it's not. Skills are important!

I also don't see how earnings and number of jobs have been prioritized this way, because now one has to scroll down to see mine, whereas in the old layout, they were right at the top (on the right side).

Thumbs down Smiley Sad

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
28 of 103

Skills really need to be moved up again so people can actually see them right away when looking at a profile.

This is not LinkedIn.

Also, I am pretty certain that now even less clients will take note of my hourly rate than before.

AND - the blue bar needs to go. Seriously. It doesn't add anything useful. Which UW seems to acknowledge since they never bothered to explain what it actually represents in the 1st place.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
29 of 103

I, for one find the new look nice and sleek, but I would definitely put the skills back where they were.

Skills are important, I don't understand why they have been burried...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
30 of 103

Thank you for posting a correct screenshot, Valeria.

Tiffany explained the core issue with this perfectly when she wrote  "Relegating the information clients are most interested in and that are most relevant to the freelancer's qualification to the job to the bottom of the page in favor of earning information that was easily located if the client was interested makes no sense at all.

If I'm hiring someone to hand code a website, I couldn't care less if he's earned $750,000 working on Wordpress sites. I want to know what his skills are as they relate to my project."

The change in profile presentation is not a client (nor a FLer) incentive, and is, in fact, a deterrent.  The info is needed - but should not be a part of the FL statement of capabilities per se.  The original placement of this info presented it as U. approved.  Now it comes across as nothing but used-car-salesman-kicking-tires hype.