cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Freelancer Profile Layouts

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
31 of 103

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the new layout, we'll share it with our team and look forward to any other feedback/suggestions you might have.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
32 of 103

Vladimir G. posted:

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the new layout, we'll share it with our team and look forward to any other feedback/suggestions you might have.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Vlad, thank you for stating this; and I sincerely believe that you personally do mean this.  However, from events we've witnessed and experienced unfortunately it appears that you may be in the minority. 

Ace Contributor
Oleksandr I Member Since: May 17, 2015
33 of 103

the new design looks very sad, in user experience perspective it looks useless and pointless. 

the section with hours, earnings etc, puts down reviews section which is not good, reviews is what we freelancers are struggling for, and we want the client to see them 

TOP RATED area looks really small and skinny, I do not understand why you decreased the value of something that is so hard to get and maintain. 

Skills section is OFF the page in the very bottom, weird...

Oleksandr H Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
34 of 103

I personally think it's not an improvement.  An old layout was WAY clearer and WAY less confusing.
It seems like you guys changed it just to make changes without a real necessity or any real benefits.

The profile information needs to be grouped in clear laconic sections. And these sections need to be clearly separated from each other. So it would be much easier for clients to find the info that matters for them.

But now it's just all over the place.

P.S. I realize that almost always people hate interface changes in any websites/apps just because they got used to the old version, BUT still I think this change was not thought out well!  

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
35 of 103

Slow down, only one Oleksandr at a time please!

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
36 of 103

Am I the only one whose profile you have to scroll down to view the hourly rate, number of jobs worked, etc.? I've checked out some other freelancers' profiles and for all of them, you can see these details without scrolling.

Am I viewing it wrong or something?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
37 of 103

Isabelle, I'm seeing your profile like others, with rates and jobs at the same place. Sending a PM...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
38 of 103

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Am I the only one whose profile you have to scroll down to view the hourly rate, number of jobs worked, etc.? I've checked out some other freelancers' profiles and for all of them, you can see these details without scrolling.

Am I viewing it wrong or something?

Nope, mine is now all the way under my overview, so it's not on the first screen that a client sees on a typical laptop/desktop screen. And the skills section is all the way at the very bottom, under the work history and portfolio.

But, there's a helpful tooltip assuring me that "We updated your profile design to make key info more prominent," so I just know that Upwork has my best interests at heart. (This tooltip is also not present in the first screen's worth of information.) 

Did someone change the definition of "prominent" while we weren't looking?

I like the idea of getting stuff out of the sidebar, but the order of all of this is just wrong. Hourly rate and skills MUST be prominently (heh) at the TOP of the page. An ugly map of my physical location is more important than what I charge and what I can do? Common sense, people.

Also, the "preview" of the new feature put the hourly rate and other stats in green, instead of black, which helped it stand out once one did scroll down, but the actual implementation is in black, so it just blends into the Overview.

Upwork: how about letting freelancers see these kinds of changes on a dummy profile BEFORE just rolling them out publicly, with no testing or feedback from the people who actually use the site?

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
39 of 103

@Jess, you're right - looks like we're in the same boat! So it's probably due to bullet points, like Eve suggested. But I don't want to change my overview just because Upwork doesn't know how to implement its design correctly.

Can we get a response on that? I don't like the fact that client have to scroll down to see my hourly rate (once of the most important pieces of info), when they don't have to do that with most other freelancers.

Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
40 of 103

Unfortunately it seems like Upworks are becoming more concerned lately with location and having that big map outshine over skills and hours seems to prove that. The US only thing is so ridiculous anyways considering this should be a global marketplace.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS