Did you mean: 

Update to Freelancer Profile Layouts

Volodymyr M Member Since: Jan 20, 2016
51 of 103

Looks very bad, please give us old design  Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
52 of 103

So this is what is more important than functionality, privacy, and stability?  AND it was rolled out two days after the announcement?  I'm not impressed, amused, or even surprised.  Even on a kindergarten level, this layout makes no sense. 

I do appreciate the intriguing resemblance to the works of my favorite artist though.  Van Gogh was amazing, don't you think?

Do y'all need a mockup of where the important information should go?  Oh, wait, that could have been discovered by sandboxing this and allowing FLs and Clients to beta test it.  My bad.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
53 of 103

Why so much silence on the new layout? Can a Mod confirm that this is the way it's going to be and we have no say?

Because if that's the case, then I need to change my Overview so that my rate and all other details show up without the client having to scroll down. Unless that's a bug that will be fixed?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
54 of 103

Hi Isabelle Anne, and everyone, 

We continue to monitor this thread for any feedback from our Community members, and we appreciate everyone who has shared their thoughts on this initiative. 

We will continue to share your feedback to the team for their consideration. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
55 of 103

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Isabelle Anne, and everyone, 

We continue to monitor this thread for any feedback from our Community members, and we appreciate everyone who has shared their thoughts on this initiative. 

We will continue to share your feedback to the team for their consideration. 

But this is ridiculous. This doesn't answer the questions:

1. Why was this change rolled out in a couple of days when the original post said a couple of weeks?

2. Why are some of our overviews longer than others (e.g., with bullet points / extra lines)? Is this by design? If not, when will that be fixed? Do I have to change my overview if I don't want clients to have to scroll to see my rate? 

Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
56 of 103

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

2. Why are some of our overviews longer than others (e.g., with bullet points / extra lines)? Is this by design? If not, when will that be fixed? Do I have to change my overview if I don't want clients to have to scroll to see my rate? 

It's just the word count. I had to delete my bullet point list too. 

Community Guru
57 of 103

@Valentina D wrote:

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

It's just the word count. I had to delete my bullet point list too. 

Whatever it is, I need to know if it's a bug or by design. If the former, I'll wait for it to be fixed before I go through the trouble of changing my overview. It's the latter, I have no choice but to make the change.

I've been continually changing my overview for a few years, and I've finally got it to a state that I'm satisfied with. But if Upwork decides to change its layout whenever it pleases (which they have a right to do), there should be some notice or at least some (official) explanation by the design/tech team as to why exactly the length of truncated overviews are not the same on all profiles.

Community Guru
Eve L Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
58 of 103

I've fixed my profile now so that all the numbers under the overview is visible without scrolling. So now I'm fine with that part.

But even now I think the rate is not showing well enough. The rate is one of the things that clients needs to be able to see straight away, and now it's just there with all of the other useless numbers. 

PLEASE move the hourly rate back up. I would even take it up there instead of my name or picture. Just make space for it somewhere! You can even write it over my face if you want to. I don't mind. As long as clients can see it.

59 of 103

You guys forced me to overcome my laziness and finally rewrite my overview. As for the result...well, I've sent one proposal this morning and the response came within seconds! Thanks Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
60 of 103

Hey, wouldn't it be great if we had a small preview of recent feedback in the sidebar? Just the titles of 2-3 jobs and the star rating + "see all" tag that links to the work history. It could be placed instead of the "profile link" field, which is quite unnecessary if I may say.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS