cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Freelancer Profile Layouts

Community Guru
Zoltán N Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
71 of 103

The current layout is extremely confusing and illogical. I would put the worked hours, completed jobs and total earnings down, to their logical place: into the "Work History" section, and would put back the skills into the personal block.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
72 of 103

Or back on the side bar as it was originally.

WHY break something that worked just fine for both buyers and FLers?

Waving hi @ Zoltan

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
73 of 103

@Wendy C wrote:

Or back on the side bar as it was originally.

WHY break something that worked just fine for both buyers and FLers?

Exactly. I don't recall clients or freelancers complaining about the original layout (which made things very clear). 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
74 of 103

I've already objected to skills being located below the portfolio, but just now noticed another oddity--why is it still necessary to click a more link to display the second line of skills? It made sense to save space this way in the original location, but now that skills has its own box, the more link is frankly stupid and tells me the skills relocation was rushed without hardly any consideration given to usability.

skills.png

75 of 103

I sure would like to get an answer to John K's question.

We also deserve an answer as to why Upwork keeps just dropping these changes on us without any beta testing or exposure to those of us that rely on our Profiles to get jobs that support the very being of Upwork.

Joe

@John K wrote:

I've already objected to skills being located below the portfolio, but just now noticed another oddity--why is it still necessary to click a more link to display the second line of skills? It made sense to save space this way in the original location, but now that skills has its own box, the more link is frankly stupid and tells me the skills relocation was rushed without hardly any consideration given to usability.

skills.png

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Community Guru
76 of 103

@Joseph C wrote:

We also deserve an answer as to why Upwork keeps just dropping these changes on us without any beta testing or exposure to those of us that rely on our Profiles to get jobs that support the very being of Upwork.

Joe

Additionally, why was this change implemented in a couple of days when the original post said a couple of weeks? What was the point of misleading us? 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
77 of 103

Hi Isabelle,

Lena shared an approximate time frame for implementing the new layout, which was rolled out a week after the announcement.

Community Guru
78 of 103

Mine was rolled out 2 days after the announcement - and some people could see the changes on the day it was announced.

*Edited: I know that "misleading" is a strong word, but I really don't understand this at all.

Upwork has firmly decided on this change - fine, there's nothing that I or anyone else who doesn't like it can do about it. But I really have to wonder about the mindset of whoever makes these sorts of decisions. 

The hourly rate, number of jobs, etc. were obvious before, when they were on the top right-hand side of the profile. Now they've been pushed to the bottom (ok, with a bigger font), and for some who choose to have line breaks in their overviews, these details are not even "above the fold" anymore.

And aren't Skills one of the most important details (if not the most important) of a freelancer's services? At least more important than the Portfolio section?

I'm particularly unhappy with this new layout because I, like Joseph, rely on my profile to get hired. Invites and direct hires have led to some of my best contracts (more so than my proposals I think), and I feel these changes don't allow a potential client to immediately get the most important information they need.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
79 of 103

While I have no problems with the new layout, I also had no problem with the old one.

What I have a problem with is spending $$ on stuff like this instead of making a more stable platform, once which doesn't cause me to get at least one email a day about the platform moving slowly or some such foolishness.

We the freelancers are the source of income for Upwork.  Let's get the basics working well all the time before we start changing stuff like this.  Clients and freelancers want a stable platform, with reliable messaging, first and foremost.

Thank you for reading this (an assumption on my part).

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
80 of 103

Mary W. posted:

While I have no problems with the new layout, I also had no problem with the old one.

What I have a problem with is spending $$ on stuff like this instead of making a more stable platform, once which doesn't cause me to get at least one email a day about the platform moving slowly or some such foolishness.

We the freelancers are the source of income for Upwork.  Let's get the basics working well all the time before we start changing stuff like this.  Clients and freelancers want a stable platform, with reliable messaging, first and foremost.

Thank you for reading this (an assumption on my part).

______________________________________________________________________________________________

It really appears to me that in many cases they are mistaking activity for progress.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS