Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Freelancer Profile Layouts

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
81 of 103

@Pat M wrote:

It really appears to me that in many cases they are mistaking activity for progress.

YES. THIS. OMG.

So many things are so, so, so buggy, and yet cosmetic changes that serve to HIDE information from clients, and new "features" that introduce problematic invasions of privacy are top priorities.

I just can't even.

Community Guru
Zoltán N Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
82 of 103

This is how I imagine an ergonomical and informative layout for the profile pages.
Waves at Wendy! Smiley Happy

layout.png

Cheri M Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
83 of 103

Hi Lena,

I think you should leave Skills where they were. They are more prominent under the title than where you have moved them.

Thank you,

CHM

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
84 of 103

Now that we have the pretty panel layout, make the panels drag and droppable.

This would allow Freelancers to prioritize they layout of their profile in any manner they see fit.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
85 of 103

It seems that the design bug that makes the skills being displayed towards the bottom of the profile instead of the top has not been fixed yet.

Any update about this?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
86 of 103

Hi Rene,

We have shared the suggestions to change the position of the skills section shared here with the team. At the moment we aren't aware of any immediate plans to make that change.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
87 of 103

I don't get it. I would love to see the person in charge come here and explain to all of us what is the reasoning behind the burial of one of the most important sections of a profile.

Can you get a hold of them and tell them there are a bunch of POed people down in the engine room who would love to have a word with them?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
88 of 103

Please, if you do not want to make the change so nice that @Zoltán N gave you, at least, climb the skills box to the top again.
This is a real disaster.

And for what it's worth, the next time you're going to make a change like that, ask the users. It's a pretty silly change that has only served to worsen the visibility of our profiles.

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
89 of 103

Another Community Guru Top Rated agrees.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
90 of 103

Valeria posted:

Hi Rene,

We have shared the suggestions to change the position of the skills section shared here with the team. At the moment we aren't aware of any immediate plans to make that change.

Thanks.

~ Valeria

Valeria, why aren't there immediate plans to make the change?  It most obviously needs to occur.  If you're personally unable to answer this, please check with whichever team members may be able to and get back with us as soon as possible.  Thank you. 
Untitled