cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Invoices for Freelancers and Clients

igorrin
Igor R Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
11 of 40

So, Lena E., is UpWork's official stance to use our own invoices and hope the client doesn't file a tax return on the invoice they got from UpWork. Or will the invoice be corrected to include the proper VAT information in the near future?

alendv
Alen D Member Since: Oct 28, 2015
12 of 40

Hello,

Can anyone clarify if a freelancer from non-EU country should have access to those invoices? I don't see such option in my Reports menu (or might be missing something).

Also, I would like to clarify the following: if a freelancer is not from a EU country, but a client is, should the client pay VAT by himself in addition to payments done via Upwork?

Thank you.

jmeyn
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
13 of 40

@Alen D wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone clarify if a freelancer from non-EU country should have access to those invoices? I don't see such option in my Reports menu (or might be missing something).

Also, I would like to clarify the following: if a freelancer is not from a EU country, but a client is, should the client pay VAT by himself in addition to payments done via Upwork?

Thank you.

Dear Alen,

In Report click on "Transaction History". All invoices will then be listed and are available for download.

If a freelancer is located outside the EU and the client within the EU the client is responsible for reporting the import and paying the VAT (importation VAT). An exception are services like those offered by Upwork.

alendv
Alen D Member Since: Oct 28, 2015
14 of 40

Thank you Joachim.

And sorry for the invoices question, I understand know I сould be a little more attentive.  Smiley Embarassed

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 40

Update 2/17/21

We want your invoices to always show your name, address, etc., as you had it listed at that time. Because of that if you update your information, your past invoices will not reflect the update. This is for accuracy and to ensure that your invoices reflect the same information as they did on the day they were created. Also, if you live in certain areas, we must collect taxes, such as sales or VAT. Having the proper address displayed at the time of invoicing is important to show what taxes were applicable and charged. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
evaristg
Felipe T Member Since: May 16, 2019
16 of 40
Hello Valeria, do you have an update on my situation?
I am concerned about old invoices showing my new tax information.
evaristg
17 of 40
I have been trying to solve an issue regarding my tax information not being updated properly and I haven't had a proper assistance from upwork support.

Is it possible to talk with an upwork manager or supervisor?
jmeyn
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
18 of 40

Have you tried filing a ticket with the support? They usually reply pretty quickly.

evaristg
19 of 40
I recently updated my tax information and I see my new tax information is displayed on ALL my past invoices.

How can I fix this?
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
20 of 40

Hi Felipe,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS