🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Update to Response Time Indicator
Page options

Update to Response Time Indicator

lenaellis
Community Member

We’re updated how we display the response time indicator on freelancer profile pages and on the Profile Settings page for freelancer accounts.  

A response time indicator is shown under Availability on freelancer profiles and displays how quickly you accept or decline invites. As part of this update the language on your profile and in your settings has been simplified and we’ve added response time indicators to the profiles of all freelancers who have received enough job invitations for us to calculate an accurate score.

We’ve broken down the new layout and language below:

If you respond within 24 hours your profile will show:

• “< 24 hour response time,”  with a tooltip that says:
      • Client view-“This freelancer responds to most invitations within 24 hours.”
      • Your view- “Your response time shows how often you respond to client invitations. Top freelancers accept or decline all invitations within 24 hours. Learn more.

If you take longer than 1 day but less than 3 days to respond, your profile will show:

• “<3 day response time,”  with a tooltip that says:
      • Client view-“This freelancer responds to most invitations within several days.”
      • Your view- “Your response time shows how often you respond to client invitations. Top freelancers accept or decline all invitations within 24 hours. Learn more.

If you take 3 days or longer to respond your profile will show:

• “3+ day response time,” with a tooltip that says:
      • Client view- "This freelancer often takes several days to respond to invitations."
      • Your view- "Your response time shows how often you respond to client invitations. Top freelancers accept or decline all invitations within 24 hours. Learn more."

If you don't have a score, we’ll leave this area blank with a tooltip that says:

• Clients view- N/A.
      • Your view- “We’ll list how often you respond to client invitations once you've received more invitations. Top freelancers accept or decline all job invites within 24 hours. Learn more.

If you don’t see a response time on your profile, it’s because you didn’t receive enough invitations in the last 90 days to calculate one accurately. A response time will appear after you have received and responded to more job invitations. In the meantime, you can track this measurement anytime on your My Stats page.

Let us know if you have any questions.

11 Comments
dreamingfilms
Community Member

I have responded to 7 out of 7 invitations in 24hrs in the past 90 days, My Stats say.

Why don't a get that sexy nice clean badge saying -24 hour response time- like most Top Rated have? 😞

mirshahzad
Community Member

Flavio,

I have the same problem.

dreamingfilms
Community Member

I have it now Smiley Very Happy

dollybhatia
Community Member

Thanks for this great addition on the freelancer profile. It's good option for us, in this way, we can get more jobs.

Thanks again,

Dolly

lawebb
Community Member

Hello! 

I am brand new to Upwork and have responded to all of my invitations (5) in well under 24 hours. My stats show 2 out of 3 invitations have been responded to (entirely, not just within 24 hours). Should I just wait for the system to fix itself or is this something I need to request a manual fix on? 

I'm sorry if this is not the proper format to ask this question. I was unable to find a way to contact Upwork directly, and wasn't sure what route to take.

Thank you!

Lindsay W

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Lindsay,

It looks like your My Stats page updated already and is showing that you replied to 3 out of 3 invitations:

Screenshot_12.png

lawebb
Community Member

Thank you so much, Valeria! Sorry to waste your time. I'll be more patient next time! 

atlinguist
Community Member

Dear Lena,

Thanks for the information. May I just make you aware of one fact -- and perhaps this could be passed on to whoever is responsible for programming -- that for freelancers living in Europe (e.g. UTC+1) it makes no sense to send us invites on Saturday evenings and expect us to reply on Sunday!

My office is open until 10 p.m. so that my overseas clients can reach me during their working hours. Occasionally -- most weekends, actually -- I also work on Saturdays and check my mail at 10 pm. BUT I DO NOT check my mail after that time or on Sundays! But I often get invitations after 10 on Saturdays, which means that my response time will always be worse than can be expected. Now, I don't consider that very informative, do you?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Alexandra,

It's understandable that you don't want to receive invites on weekends and when you have time off or if you do, they shouldn't count against your Response score. Currently, there is no mechanism to automatically account for each freelancer's individual time off. However, you can set your profile as unavailable on Friday nights for example and then set it back to available on Monday mornings. That way any invites you receive on weekends won't count against your score.

researchediting
Community Member

Lindsay,

Valeria is indeed very helpful.

Your original instinct to post here was right. Since most freelancers do not have direct access to Customer Support, you may properly bring here issues that you can't resolve by searching the help files and/or the fora.

Community Management will either help you directly or open a ticket for you with Customer Support, usually within a day—sometimes a little longer on weekends. In some cases, they may explain that things are working as intended (or as constrained), and may be able to offer workarounds.

Best,
MIchael