Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Response Time Indicator

atlinguist
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
11 of 12

Dear Lena,

Thanks for the information. May I just make you aware of one fact -- and perhaps this could be passed on to whoever is responsible for programming -- that for freelancers living in Europe (e.g. UTC+1) it makes no sense to send us invites on Saturday evenings and expect us to reply on Sunday!

My office is open until 10 p.m. so that my overseas clients can reach me during their working hours. Occasionally -- most weekends, actually -- I also work on Saturdays and check my mail at 10 pm. BUT I DO NOT check my mail after that time or on Sundays! But I often get invitations after 10 on Saturdays, which means that my response time will always be worse than can be expected. Now, I don't consider that very informative, do you?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 12

Hi Alexandra,

It's understandable that you don't want to receive invites on weekends and when you have time off or if you do, they shouldn't count against your Response score. Currently, there is no mechanism to automatically account for each freelancer's individual time off. However, you can set your profile as unavailable on Friday nights for example and then set it back to available on Monday mornings. That way any invites you receive on weekends won't count against your score.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS