Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to iOS App for Freelancers Improves Stability and Functionality

Employee
Bittu A Employee Member Since: Oct 6, 2015
1 of 5

Hi,

I'm Bittu and I lead our mobile app teams. Since releasing Upwork’s iOS app for freelancers and agencies last month, our community has reported a few issues related to the app’s stability and notifications.

We’ve implemented the following fixes in our latest release:

Stability

Users have reported that the iOS app would crash at initial launch. The crashes were a result of an issue with our app’s caching mechanism, and got some users stuck.

The fix for this issue has been submitted to the iOS app store and should resolve the majority of crash issues at initial launch.

Notifications

Some users weren’t receiving notifications for important activities such as job invitations. We were able to identify the issue that was causing this behavior.

This has also been resolved, and the fix is included in our latest update.

If you’re still experiencing issues with app stability or notifications, try updating your app with the latest version. If the problems persist, let us know by leaving a comment on this post.

What’s next

Members of our community have also provided helpful feedback on how we can improve Upwork Messages.

We hear you and are working hard to implement performance enhancements to make it easier for you to communicate with clients through the Upwork app. Be on the lookout for improvements to the messages. We’ll let you know as additional fixes are rolled out.

As always, if you have any feedback or suggestions for how we can make Upwork’s new iOS app for freelancers and agencies better, let us know by leaving a comment below.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
2 of 5

Hi, Bittu.

Thanks for the update.

I hope similar changes are in the works for the Android app?

Employee
Bittu A Employee Member Since: Oct 6, 2015
3 of 5

Hi, Will.

We are actively working on developing the app for Android app. You can expect this to be available in Play Store very soon.

-Bittu

Ace Contributor
Natalie S Member Since: Oct 12, 2018
4 of 5
Will there be another update soon? It’s currently next to useless. I’m stuck in messages, can’t shift to the inbox and neither jobs nor contracts load. I might as well delete it.
Ace Contributor
Syed Ebad H Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
5 of 5

Hi,
I hope this app for Android will be available soon on Play Store. I'm so excited about it.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS