Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updated flags to report ToS violations and keep our community safe

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
11 of 26
Jeff,

This is incredible news. We've been waiting for so long. Can you guys take this one step further and reduce the "6 hours" to a relatively smaller number if the report is coming from a reputable user of the community (clients & freelancers alike).

People here in the community have an incredible experience in spotting suspicious jobs, so maybe those with higher experience get through the stack of reports? Sometimes 6 hours is all it takes to scam someone, and we can easily spot those very bad guys.

Thanks again.
Employee
Jeff C Employee Member Since: May 1, 2015
12 of 26

Thanks Wassim. I'm glad this will be helpful. We are always looking for ways to work cases faster for the exact reason you noted. I also like your idea to prioritize the cases based on customer accuracy/reliability. If the volume of reports is large, we should definitely find ways to work the most likely bad cases first.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
13 of 26

Jeff, thank you! Fraking thank you! This is a great initiative that will help us all together to keep the platform a great platform.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
14 of 26

Jeff, 

I'm happy to report that the the new flagging system appears to be working quite well for flagging academic integrity violations. I've just been using the "It's something else" option and include the details. That seems to work because I can add some details about what I'm seeing. 

I'd still like to have the option to add a screenshot. Sometimes the posts I'm flagging are for clients with multiple previous postings. There are at least a couple of "paper mills" (companies that produce and sell academic papers) operating on this platform. Just look for " Machiavelli" and you'll find one of the cllients I'm talking about. 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
15 of 26

Hi Renata,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will share this with the team so that we can investigate on this job post. Appropriate actions will be taken on those that violate the ToS. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 26

Just wanted you guys to know that I used this new flagging option a few times now and it works beautifully. The team is very swift in addressing violations submitted that way.

Great job Upwork!

-----------
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
17 of 26

Hi Rene,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and your feedback.

Untitled
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
18 of 26

@Rene K wrote:

Just wanted you guys to know that I used this new flagging option a few times now and it works beautifully. The team is very swift in addressing violations submitted that way.

Great job Upwork!

I have noticed that I'm quickly receiving notifications from UW thanking me for flagging.  I've also noticed that some of the jobs I've flagged remain on the site several days after I've flagged.  Evidently UW has determined that those are not in violation of UW's TOS ? 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
19 of 26

Hi Pat, 

If you have direct access to job posts that have been actioned on, you will still be able to see/access it. If these job posts were actioned on, you will be unable to access it once you clear your cache and cookies. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
20 of 26

I was wondering if Upwork policy about fraudulent behavior has changed recently making it less strict toward freelancers who violate the terms of service?

I'm asking because very recently, few others and I provided Upwork with some consistent evidence of a profile that obviously changed hands (ticket #20940160) and the team decided to let this profile alive.

-----------
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS