cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updated flags to report ToS violations and keep our community safe

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 26

Hi Rene,

We'll follow up with the team regarding your ticket and the account in question. We won't be able to share information about another user's account status, their communication with Upwork or any details we have about their identity.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
22 of 26

Valeria, nobody ever asked you to share anything. We don't want to know any single detail about anyone.

The only fact that is important here is that one specific profile was spotted that went from a white female to a black male, name and photo changed and that as a consequence the name in the feedback doesn't match anymore with the profile's name.

It is very obvious that this is a profile that changed hands, but for some reason, Upwork won't put it down. The Upwork's fraud protection lost a lot of credibility with this in the eyes of all those who were informed about the story. 

On Reddit, where Upwork can't really remove posts, people are still laughing about it.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
23 of 26

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Rene,

We'll follow up with the team regarding your ticket and the account in question. We won't be able to share information about another user's account status, their communication with Upwork or any details we have about their identity.

Thank you.

The question was this, Valeria:

"I was wondering if Upwork policy about fraudulent behavior has changed recently making it less strict toward freelancers who violate the terms of service?"

I think a lot of us would be interested in the answer. Thanks.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
24 of 26

Jeff, I noticed there's no green UW logo next to your name on the initial "Announcement" page regarding your post.  It'd be helpful for readers to know that you're an UW employee.

I'm very pleased to see the positive changes that are being made.  Also, thank you for acknowledging our feedback and suggestions.  That's also quite appreciated.

Ace Contributor
Jan Q Member Since: Nov 9, 2015
25 of 26

Hello

Have just come across this post.

I'm confused about the following

"In the past, when we removed jobs or profiles for violating our Terms of Service, we would unindex them from search to prevent them from being found by anyone unless they had the direct link. Because this was a poor customer experience, we’ve updated this process so that every removal will be marked as such."

Does this mean that when a post has been removed it remains on the job board with a tag saying that it has been removed or is the post just removed completely?

Would you mind clarifying for me please? Thanks Jan

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
26 of 26

Hi Jan,

Please refer to our previous conversation in a different thread you started on a similar topic, in which I've confirmed that jobs are removed from the job feed after being cancelled by Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS