cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updates to Payment Methods for non-US based freelancers

Highlighted
Pip P Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
251 of 270

Thank you for the information. Im from the Philippines and currently I'm using Skrill as payment method and will be changing soon.

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
252 of 270

Just a heads up to Upowrk: 

I withdrew some money through direct to local bank transfer on the 2nd, it arrived the next day. However, I just recieved an email saying that the funds were due to reach my bank today.

Is this a glitch? The transaction was processed very quickly. Surely it isn't expected that it would take so long for it to reach my account? That's 7 working days. Happy witth the service so far, the email I recieved today just seems odd. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
253 of 270

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the heads-up. Could you please pm me a screenshot of the email you received so I can check with our team?

Highlighted
Community Guru
254 of 270

Sure. PM sent. 

Just to confirm I got the money just fine and in good time. It's not a complaint, just an observation. 

Highlighted
255 of 270

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the pm. Our team confirmed we create the notice like the one you received when the receiving bank confirms receipt. Sometimes, the bank provides this confirmation after they credit the account, which happened in this case, causing the notification to be sent a few days after the funds settled into your bank account.

Highlighted
Community Guru
256 of 270

OK, cool. 

Thanks for the reply Vladimir. 

Highlighted
Mohammad O Member Since: May 14, 2015
257 of 270

for real upwork, you are removing skrill from payment options for the so called "lag of support and good service that they provide for freelancer".
Just so you know I applied for the only pre pad card payment optin available now "Payoneer" and its been more than 10 days and they never update me on the upproval, or even respond to any of me many requests and tickets .
even there live chat is **bleep** and a lie, I wait on the line for an hour minmum, and whe my turn come, the cancel it, every time. 
SO I want to know what is actually better in payoneer than skrill ? 
payoneer even has monthly fees and other applied fees more than skrill 

Highlighted
Oscar Alfredo S Member Since: Apr 12, 2016
258 of 270

Upwork gets worst and worst. This is how you pretend to improve the service?

Highlighted
Veronica K Member Since: May 16, 2017
259 of 270
What do I do if 'direct to local bank' is not available for my country Sierra Leone ,and it is the only method to getting my money. please help, PayPal is not effective in Sierra Leone
Highlighted
260 of 270

Hi Veronica,

I'm sorry to hear DLB method is not available on your Get Paid page. Please review the available options and set up one which works the best for you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS