cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updates to Payment Methods for non-US based freelancers

Highlighted
Eldin R Member Since: Mar 15, 2016
261 of 270

Any updates to Bosnia and Herzegovina citizens? We're probably forgotten anywhere in the world.

thanks!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
262 of 270

Hi Eldin,

There are a few payment methods currently available to users in Bosnia and Herzegovina including Payoneer and US Wire transfer. We continue working on finding more options for the freelancers to access their earnings.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Arous S Member Since: Oct 31, 2015
263 of 270
In Tunisia where I live:
- PayPal is not available (and will not)
- direct deposit not available ( it was years ago)
- payoneer stopped sending cards to our country
So the message from stopping skrilI is" be american or pay more" , thanks
Highlighted
Alexei D Member Since: Jan 3, 2017
264 of 270

So sad Belarus is not in the list of "Direct to Local Bank Account" option. We are left with Payoneer and Wire Transfer. Later is too costly for small amounts.

Highlighted
Alexei D Member Since: Jan 3, 2017
265 of 270

Anyone informed from Upwork, maybe you have an idea when Direct to Local Bank Transfer for Belarus may be possible? Payoneer is nice, but absence of 3D secure and around 5% added losses on fees is painful. Already discussed it with Support and they have no information on that.

What's the problem after all? Maybe I miss something and Payoneer is a savior of the freelance world, but from my perspective it's an overhead. I pay taxes as a self-employed individual, my bank provides IBAN account (USD/EUR/BYN/RUB), there are no limitations or fees for receipt of funds. Why use Payoneer?

Highlighted
Vasyl N Member Since: Sep 12, 2018
266 of 270

Please, turn back skrill!

For many countries it is only one normal way to withdraw money.

Highlighted
Awais A Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
267 of 270

Hi, I want to know why upwork is not support skrill as a payment gateway for freelancers? 

Highlighted
Oliver S Member Since: Sep 3, 2019
268 of 270

The problem is that UpWork still advertises Skrill as a Payment method in:
Home Page -> How it Work -> If you're working -> Get Paid

Maybe can UpWork delete that? Otherwise is false advertisement

Captura de Pantalla 2019-09-03 a la(s) 13.29.53.png

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
269 of 270

Thanks for flagging this, Oliver. We'll make sure that page is updated as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Nicholas M Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
270 of 270
Hello there,

It is 2020 and I still miss Skrill.

This is why, PayPal who has a somewhat convenient way to transfer money to MPESA in Kenya within 2 hrs, was a considerable option until recently when their appetite for low exchange rates reached a crazy point compared to the other available options.

Secondly "MPESA" who uses a go between "Exchange 4 Free" operating in partnership with NCBA Bank - Kenya, have what I think should consider as being "...not able to offer all [or some] of our community the service and support they needed". They are very unpredictable, in some instances they can deposit to individuals'Mpesa accounts in two hours after Upwork processes the payments. On some occasions the take as long as they may please without any prior communication, or response when contacted. Mpesa is convenient by àll means but the brokers operating between Upwork and Mpesa could be the issue.

Freelancers work hard to give their best, but it can be hurting to them if the end up taking ages to receive their payments especially when clients have done their due diligence and the rest from Upwork to those delivering payments have comfortably had their share of the cake.

I hope going forward, Upwork is going to listen more to freelancers and offer much seamless ways of delivering payments to them, more so in environments where opportunistic investors are likely to take undue advantage.

Happy 2020
Nicholas
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS