Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to Payment Methods for non-US based freelancers

outsourcejobs
Ace Contributor
Patrick S Member Since: May 9, 2016
111 of 270
Skrill's customer support is bad

Look at your customer support first. Using terms like "Skrill's customer support is bad" is a sign of unprofessionalism.

Also how do you know their customer support is bad? Do you deal with Skrill ? Do you have any proof that their customer support is bad?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
112 of 270

Hi Patrick and Boris,

I'd like to ask you politely to make sure you follow our Community Guidelines when posting in the forums, since posting extraneous, off-topic and message that constitute hate speech is prohibited.

Patrick, no one from our team posted the statement you outlined, so please refer to the information shared above and refrain reposting similar comments in order to avoid creating confusion.

whatisor
Karoshi N Member Since: Jun 30, 2015
113 of 270

Hi, Base on my experience with Skrill over 3 years, it is the best service I've used.
If let me claim Bad service, I'd like to claim Payoneer. I got a ton of trouble and have to follow So Limited and Closed policy.

Right now, I just want to withdraw remaining my money from Payoneer and only use Skrill. 

Paypal is good service however fee is higher. 

I am so disappointed when Upwork removed Skrill. Smiley Sad 

Hope they RE-Think

dev_3dworx
Imran S Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
114 of 270

Hi Avery and all the upwork people out there!

Are you representing Upwork or Payoneer. Seriously, I am confused by seeing most of the Upwork representatives praising Payoneer and rejecting skrill whereas I am seeing this board flooded with messages requesting to keep Skrill as a payment option. FYI, Payoneer 24/7 customer support didn't responded to any of my support request. I had ordered their card twice but it didn't arrive so I submitted a suppport ticket. Never heard from any human at payoneer. So there goes 24/7 support thing.

Back to skrill, you never informed your beloved freelancer about this planning and didn't asked how they would feel about it but instead you just wake up some day and decided to remove skrill. Are you guys too devine that you get visions from some higher source that tells you to do stuff like removing skrill. Seriously. 

When I first submitted my request, I thought I am few of those unlucky ones who would face trouble without skrill but number of messages on this board changed my perception.  Also, the conversion rate thing can raise serious legal obligation against upwork and the reason given is quite confusing that these rates are provided by your partner (bank). Do you think none of us have any idea about banking and currency conversion mechanism.

I think we, the freelancers would have given piece of mind so they can focus more on their projects and ensure quality to their clients but if you keep as on our toes by announcing such horrible updates then I am afraid we can't.  I remember how bad I felt when I hard about the 20% upwork project fee. I had sent a request but your great support didn't responded.

If I vision freelancing life cycle then I see freelancers at the bottom of the food chain where everybody just trying to eat us (the freelancers) alive.

Hope all these messages and efforts by countless upwork members would change this irrational suggestion.

Thanks for reading my long message which took quite a while.

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
115 of 270

Hi Imran,

Please note that if you check Lena's opening post, you'll find that Skrill will be removed on April 24 and you can use it in the interim.

Regarding using Payoneer, note that this payment option closely resembles Skrill's features, hence our recommendation to Skrill users who are posting about an alternative they can use. If you check our earlier comments, you'll see that we outlined all payment options repeatedly and freelancers are free to choose those that work best for them.

I've checked and didn't find the request you mentioned submitting. Feel free to contact Customer Support and our team will gladly assist you like on other tickets you submitted.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the change and hopefully you'll understand that, while unfortunate, the removal of this payment method was done for the benefit of our freelancers and as a result of the payment processor's service update.

dev_3dworx
Imran S Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
116 of 270

Hi Vladimir G

Please read complete message before giving any response or clarification. I have clearly stated issues I had been facing with Payoneer. I never received their card althought I tried twice. And each time I try to contact their support, I receive some generic message. So I am don't find any professional support (24/7) from them.

And regarding the other withdrawal options such as local bank transfer. Well you have probably notice that many members have issues regarding the odd conversion rates.

My question is, instead of removing Skrill, why don't you try improving other options so we don't have to rely on any third party services such as Skrill, Payoneer, Paypal etc., Currency conversion isn't a rocket science and If you just fix this issue then there won't be any reason for freelancer's to drag their money. If you can't implement the realistic conversion mechanism then just leave it be. Make the local bank transfer in USD and let our bank handle the rest.

I also saw posts from other members who can only use Skrill due to complications in their country so I would request upwork to keep skrill as is. If you feel skrill is bad then you can keep your users informed by email updates that they should avoid using skrill and try using other withdrawal options that would be better instead of just remove skrill. Let us do the judgement. And if you are right about skrill and your intentions, nobody would bother if you remove or keep skrill in near future. So I repeat, please leave it as is.

One other thing regarding the turn-around time of Payoneer against skrill. I find skrill very fast and I also have no issue with other skrill features.

I hope you take my request seriously and instead of repeating the same message again and again, show some respect to our openion.

Thanks Vladimir

zhygariev
Anatolii Z Member Since: Apr 14, 2016
117 of 270

Well, every time I get important email about changes from Upwork it`s kill me hard.
I have strong feeling that every decision made by Upwork is about **edited for Community Guidelines**
I`m sure this changes only about get more money from exchange or Upwork got a deal with Payoneer(some good commition). There is no logic to cancel an option when you upgrading something.
You just killed best option for all ukrainian freelancers. Rest of payments(not skrill) are impossible or very expensive. And their support is not better then skrill actually.

So you can say what you want, but you keep being GREEDY! Hate this changes. Hate all changes since I join Upwork. 

tedjoshuaangelo
Community Leader
Ted Joshua Angelo G Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
118 of 270

Why not also add the option to add aditional paypal accounts for withdrawal? Not sure if I'm alone but paypal has a really bad habbit of freezing or messing up personal-typeaccounts which unfortunately included the email I used for both upwork. 

motyduke
Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
119 of 270

I received today a mail from upwork letting know that they will remove skril soon. The say it is not convenient and expensive. But i used it often and found it easy to use ! Removing withdrawal options is not a way to improve user friendliness of the platform. For some reasons i use both direct to account or skrill ans now this option is removed. 

Very sad again by the choices made by upwork

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
120 of 270

No big deal, direct transfer to your bank account works well for France.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS