Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to Payment Methods for non-US based freelancers

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
241 of 270

Hi Christopher,

Note that we did announce the changes in many of our resources and sent email notifications regrading all the aspects of the update, including the increase of the PayPal withdrawal fee. You're actually posting on the thread the update was announced on and I invite you to check the information Lena included in her opening post and linked resources. Finally, the fee was increased for freelancers who have access to the DLB payment option.

Highlighted
Christopher R Member Since: Jan 22, 2009
242 of 270

Just noticed that rather than engage with the substance of my comment, Upwork's total disregard for its freelancers, the company decided it was more useful to censor my remarks.

It comes as no surprise that Upwork worries about appearances rather than substance.

Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
243 of 270

Hi Christopher,

I checked your previous comments and do see I edited one of them, while none were removed, because the line in question violated our Community Guidelines. As you can see from your own example and based on the other comments posted on this thread, we don't remove or otherwise address comments if they are in line with our Guidelines.

Highlighted
Christopher R Member Since: Jan 22, 2009
244 of 270

I am the Comments Editor for another site, so I have considerable experience in this area.

Upwork's Community Guidelines are too strict and limit freedom of speech and expression.

As we can see in this case, they are being used as justification of censorship, while the company continues to ignore my point.

Some would call that misdirection....

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ilya S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
245 of 270

I'm disapponted that I posted to this topic once and now I have to read all that cryings and complains in my email notifications.

People I will open a big secret for you - Upwork doesn't care of freelancers who work for 10$/h or less. The aim of Upwork now is to work with freelancers who earn couple thousand dollars every month. Who can earn 10k$ in couple months and reduce their fee to 5%.

When you transfer money in big amounts like 3000$ or more in one transaction then simple wire transfer is the most proficient way. 30$ will be less than 1% and there won't be any other comissions except your bank's ones.

When you cry that there are too many freelancers, that it's too hard to get a project, that the rates are too low, maybe you should start to think of improving your skills or make more efforts in finding good work.

The only workers who I can understand are designers, copywriters and other similar people who always work on little one-time projects and have to often pay 20% comission. I'm sorry for them, hopefully Upwork will find a solution for such ppl how to decrease comissions. But it's another story.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
246 of 270

I used skrill many times and never had a problem with. I asked them two times questions on support. Amways replied quickly and nice.

I register for a Payoneer account 3 weeks ago and i cannot still use it . I send them many questions on thjeir support and i always have automatic answer who didn't help me.

I still don't undertsand why remove skrill !!! ANd what is better with Payoneer if it is so big pain to set an account !

Highlighted
Gayanthri Roshanth U Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
247 of 270

Is there supposed to be a payoneer withdrawal fee decrease? 

I got this email: 

We're writing to let you know that our Payoneer withdrawal fee pricing decrease, scheduled to take effect on March 20, was delayed until March 23. As you made at least one withdrawal to your Payoneer account during that time, we've credited your Upwork account $1 per withdrawal. You will see the credit in your Upwork transaction history within 2 business days.

I just checked today and it's still $2 for withdrawing? So please let me know what's up. Thanks!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
248 of 270

Hi Gayanthri,

Unfortunately, the email was sent to you in error. The Payoneer fee will not be lowered and will continue to be $2 for your withdrawals. 

Sorry about the inconvenience and confusion.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
249 of 270

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Gayanthri,

Unfortunately, the email was sent to you in error. The Payoneer fee will not be lowered and will continue to be $2 for your withdrawals. 

Sorry about the inconvenience and confusion.

Hi Valeria,

So am I correct in assuming that the email about lowered Payoneer withdrawal fees was sent in error to everyone? 

Can you confirm that the fee will be lowered for some, or not lowered for everybody?

It's only one dollar and not a big deal for many, but this is a very silly mistake to make.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
250 of 270

Reinier the message was sent in error to some users. Freelancers can check their Settings> Get Paid page for the withdrawal methods and costs associated with them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS