🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
cssolutions2016
Community Member

Just noted that Upwork has added so called "Newer & Faster" reports - apparently to be made default later this month ... Essentailly it simply gives 1 (default) option to "analyze" the report. Any other option you click asks you to "Upgrade" to the "Plus" account ! What is this ? Essentially they have removed features and then ask you to upgrade to features that you already had ?! (& then on top make that the only default option ?) ... I think Upwork is getting more desperate by the day.

EDIT - I am talking about Timesheet related reports.

JoanneP

Hi Subbu,

Users on the Basic plan will have access to the same data, but will not be able to group by months and weeks, or by clients/teams (for an agency). That said, all will have access to richer data including fixed-priced and hourly contract data. 

The information in the nine previous reports will be combined in a single report, and you can use new filters to customize the display. This report is free and includes richer data for all users.

Some new filters offer more advanced data reporting. To access more advanced reports, you can upgrade to Agency Plus or Freelancer Plus.

vieniav
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

There's recently been an upgrade to the Reports functionality and the report known previously as "Timesheet Details" is no longer there. With it I used to be able to download a csv file with a custom date range. At the end of the month, we (my client and I) need the "Working on" log for the previous month to tabulate reports to see how much time we spent on each aspect (which department, which project, which place in the system etc..). Since the Time Tracker only allow tagging the "Category" in the log, we created own own system of tags and put them in the "Working on" memo.

The current report only allows me to see the logs with a summary for each project. How do I download the logs for the last month or any date range and with the detailed diary memo?

sjbercot
Community Member

That's a really annoying development.

AveryO
Community Manager

Hi Steven, 

I'm sorry to learn that this change has been an inconvenience for you. Here is a link to the announcement post, and the help article for more information about this change. Users on the Basic plan will have access to the same data, but will not be able to group by months and weeks, or by clients/teams (for an agency). That said, all will have access to richer data including fixed-priced and hourly contract data.

firescue17
Community Member

Vladimir G wrote:

Users on the Freelancer ... membership plan will have access to the same data they have today ...

This is false! If it was true, Upwork wouldn't be attempting to charge us for it!

safonov
Community Member

Hello. Is any way to see memos as it was before? We have a client who asks to provide a detailed track of work each week. With the present update, I need to go day by day work diary for 5 contracts to collect the same info I have on one page before. It's pretty annoying. Could you please add memos to your Customize columns dropdown or give us back Timelogs as it was before?

billwebstudiocom
Community Member

New report system is crazy inconvenient. I want to see all list of open contracts and understand where is some work done, and where is no work for the week. How I can return to old system of reports?

I'm agency owner and I want to see the list of all open contracts for a week, I don't want to check the calendar for the dates if I want to see info on 3 weeks ago. You made everything so complicated, so I have to spend today 2 hours for finding info I spent before 10 min.

I want to have a way to use old reports system

firescue17
Community Member

WHAT IS WRONG WITH UPWORK'S DECISION MAKING?

• It's no longer possible to pull a weekly earnings report without upgrading to Freelancer Plus!
  • It's no longer possible to pull a monthly earnings report without upgrading to Freelancer Plus!
  • It's no longer possible to pull an all-time earnings report without upgrading to Freelancer Plus!

Ultimate Upwork Fail.png

How are we supposed to comply with incoming reporting, for like, ... every country on Earth?? There is no way possible this company can expect to charge us for basic reports, which used to be free, in order to continue to do business on this platform.

What is wrong with you Upwork! Quit fiddling around with stuff that works fine!

firescue17
Community Member

So this

2020-03-31 Time Analyze - Original.png

Was turned into this

2020-03-31 Time Analyze - New.png

WHAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED?

Instead of doing something productive like adding a print button Upwork decided to:

• Remove all the headers
  • Remove the page orientation
  • Turn a one-page document into a four-page document

And now we're supposed to pay to fix it? We're supposed to pay for the basic accounting report that's been free since at least 2013? I hope Walmart doesn't start charging extra for the self-checkout to print a receipt the next time I buy groceries.

I'm so glad I don't work 20+ days. What a nightmare that would be to sort through

line by

line by

line by

line by

line by line ...