🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
wendy_writes
Community Member

+ 1000  

Grumpy, angry - and disgusted with this.

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

Please note that users on the Basic plan never had the ability to group by months and weeks, or by clients/teams (for an agency). Please refer to the private message I sent you and I'd like to kindly ask you to refrain from making repetitive posts.

firescue17
Community Member

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Steven,

Please note that users on the Basic plan never had the ability to group by months and weeks, or by clients/teams (for an agency). Please refer to the private message I sent you and I'd like to kindly ask you to refrain from making repetitive posts.

I posted a screenshot of one directly above your response. [ETA: I have never, ever paid for a premium membership and] I have 57 more monthly reports grouped by contract [archived]. Does Upwork think the Freelance Contractors who pioneered the industry don't know how to use computers, know how to file our own taxes, or remember what a report looked liked as recently as yesterday?

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Denys,

Thank for the question. I checked with our team and it does appear that the memos display that was available before wasn't integrated in the combined Reports. We'll follow up with an update soon.

Regarding the process you described, could you please share more information about how you used the memos display, since clients do have access to this information on their end? I'm just looking for feedback to understand how you were using that information. Thank you.

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Phat, Denys and Steven,

Please note that I'm checking with my team regarding the functionalities you asked about on this thread and we'll be posting an update once we receive a confirmation from our team.

Regarding Denys's question, please note that I've confirmed that the memo display is no longer available, most likely for both Basic and Plus users, and shared your feedback with the team.

Phat, could you please try following the steps from the screenshot below and let me know if you can access the information you're looking for?

Reports New.png

Steven, I apologize for the confusion, the team confirmed the ability to group by months and weeks has been available under Time Analyze report before. I edited my previous comments in order to avoid creating further confusion.

firescue17
Community Member

Thank you very much for your acknowledgment. I sincerely hope this decision is reverted forthwith.

Considering the dire circumstances for Freelancers around the world, it is quite simply unconscionable to force Freelancers to pay for access to accurate financial records for income they have already paid a 5% to 20% commission upon.

At the sake of being repetitive, this is a comparable scenario as a retail store refusing to provide a receipt for a point of sale transaction.

This can not stand.

billwebstudiocom
Community Member

And in addition - I found 3 mistakes in showing datas on reports page for last week - like it shows 6:40 h and $sum according to this time, but on contract page and on transaction page - there's another time and another sum. So now I also have to recheck all the data from report page???

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Helen,

I moved your posts to this announcement thread.

Could you please pm me all the details and screenshots showing the different data on different pages and reports?

billwebstudiocom
Community Member

>Could you please pm me all the details and screenshots showing the different data on different pages and reports?

I sent you message at pm with screens for the errors

VladimirG
Community Manager

Thanks, Helen, I responded to your private message, let's continue communicating there so I can replicate the report you're looking at.