🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
joansands
Community Member

I really relied on tracking timesheet details when I work on different projects for the same client. Now it's been removed which makes my life more difficult. Thanks, Upwork.

petra_r
Community Member

Joan S wrote:

I really relied on tracking timesheet details when I work on different projects for the same client. Now it's been removed which makes my life more difficult. Thanks, Upwork.

What do you mean by "tracking timesheet details?"

vieniav
Community Member

Thank you for following up on this, Vladimir. I tried that but it didn't show what I'm looking for. I need the memos that I put into the Time Tracker but it is not one of the fields available. The closest to it is Payment Description. But it only shows milestones for Fixed Price jobs and shows a "-" for hourlies.

joansands
Community Member

Up until today, under reports there was a report called timesheet details. That was very quick to get to and it kept me up-to-date on various jobs I was doing for individual clients. I often work on different jobs for an ongoing client. Now that report is gone. The only way I can see that kind of information is to look at time tracking snapshots which is cumbersome and not the nice list I used to get. I complained to Upwork when they said they were going to make the change but that obviously did no good because today that report is gone.

voice_over_boss
Community Member

Today I tried to check how many hours I have worked on my different projects and how much was my estimated earnings this week.

Typical procedure I think most of us do.

Guess What Happened? I COULDN'T -_-

Screnshot.png

Why? Upwork has deleted the ''earnings per client'' , ''weekly timesheet'' and ''weekly timelogs'' reports from standard freelancer accounts.

NOW WE HAVE TO PAY A membership fee ($15 dollars /mo) to access this information.

Screenshot_1.png

Wait. To all trolls out there; this is not about $15. This is about Upwork respecting Freelancers and not create needs where there shouldn't to just make an extra buck while making it harder for new freelancers.

I am sure this strategy can bring a quick cash injection to your pockets but will put you on a disadvantage when getting new freelancers against other platforms that make the process of starting of earning online much easier and motivating.

Isn't it enough for you to take hundreds of dollars from us on a monthly basis?

I would like to get an answer to from Upwork team and freelancers with experience on the platform.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Joan and Ismael,

I have merged your post to this thread where we announced the change and have been addressing questions and feedback by other Community members. 

I'd also like to note that Earnings by Client report is still available the was it was before. The new Weekly Summary report allows you to customize columns and display the information, you'd like to see for a time period. You can also download a CSV report with that information. 

We're also forwarding feedback shared on this thread with the team.

firescue17
Community Member

It's a blatantly immoral pandemic cash grab. The world shuts down. 10s of millions begin telecommuting, are unemployed, or desperately trying to transition into the gig economy.

Facebook, Google, and Zoom are expediting product releases and upgrading as quickly as possible. Internet providers across the U.S. are granting free access to top-tier bandwidth.

Upwork? None of the above. They intentionally choose to remove critical reporting features and start charging subscription fees for the same.

firescue17
Community Member
Furthermore, its discriminatory against disabled individuals on SSDI. They are required to report monthly earnings as accrued, not paid.

The Earnings by Month report which is now locked behind the paywall was the only report displaying this information.
eric5037
Community Member

Reports / Timelog is missing.

is it me?

where do I find my earning for the current week.

Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager

Hi Eric, 

I have merged your post to this master thread since your question is related. We have updated the My Reports filters. In the past, agencies and freelancers have a total of nine reports that show different views/groupings of the same data. Because this was often confusing, we wanted to simplify and provide one report. This gives you the ability to filter and drill-down without having to switch to another report. In the future, we will add preset filters so you have the option to create custom reports and see the info you need most.

Because the new My Reports filters include more information in one place, we have retired some existing reports last April. These are:

• Agency reports: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details, and Time Analyze
  • Freelancer reports: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet

The rest of your reports will remain just as they are.

Could you please share how you used the Timelogs report so that I can understand better how this report may be important to some freelancers.