cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork Trying To Force Freelancers To Pay Membership FEE.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
31 of 137

I really relied on tracking timesheet details when I work on different projects for the same client. Now it's been removed which makes my life more difficult. Thanks, Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
32 of 137

Joan S wrote:

I really relied on tracking timesheet details when I work on different projects for the same client. Now it's been removed which makes my life more difficult. Thanks, Upwork.

What do you mean by "tracking timesheet details?"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
33 of 137

Up until today, under reports there was a report called timesheet details. That was very quick to get to and it kept me up-to-date on various jobs I was doing for individual clients. I often work on different jobs for an ongoing client. Now that report is gone. The only way I can see that kind of information is to look at time tracking snapshots which is cumbersome and not the nice list I used to get. I complained to Upwork when they said they were going to make the change but that obviously did no good because today that report is gone.

Highlighted
Ismael G Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
34 of 137

Today I tried to check how many hours I have worked on my different projects and how much was my estimated earnings this week.

Typical procedure I think most of us do.

Guess What Happened? I COULDN'T -_-

Screnshot.png

Why? Upwork has deleted the ''earnings per client'' , ''weekly timesheet'' and ''weekly timelogs'' reports from standard freelancer accounts.

NOW WE HAVE TO PAY A membership fee ($15 dollars /mo) to access this information.

Screenshot_1.png

Wait. To all trolls out there; this is not about $15. This is about Upwork respecting Freelancers and not create needs where there shouldn't to just make an extra buck while making it harder for new freelancers.

I am sure this strategy can bring a quick cash injection to your pockets but will put you on a disadvantage when getting new freelancers against other platforms that make the process of starting of earning online much easier and motivating.

Isn't it enough for you to take hundreds of dollars from us on a monthly basis?

I would like to get an answer to from Upwork team and freelancers with experience on the platform.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 137

Hi Joan and Ismael,

I have merged your post to this thread where we announced the change and have been addressing questions and feedback by other Community members. 

I'd also like to note that Earnings by Client report is still available the was it was before. The new Weekly Summary report allows you to customize columns and display the information, you'd like to see for a time period. You can also download a CSV report with that information. 

We're also forwarding feedback shared on this thread with the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
36 of 137

It's a blatantly immoral pandemic cash grab. The world shuts down. 10s of millions begin telecommuting, are unemployed, or desperately trying to transition into the gig economy.

Facebook, Google, and Zoom are expediting product releases and upgrading as quickly as possible. Internet providers across the U.S. are granting free access to top-tier bandwidth.

Upwork? None of the above. They intentionally choose to remove critical reporting features and start charging subscription fees for the same.

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
37 of 137
Furthermore, its discriminatory against disabled individuals on SSDI. They are required to report monthly earnings as accrued, not paid.

The Earnings by Month report which is now locked behind the paywall was the only report displaying this information.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
38 of 137

Steven, I'm flagging your comment  on "illegal discrimination" as a  moderator needs to refer this process to Legal and then get back to all of us on rectification of an illegal move.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
39 of 137

Reports / Timelog is missing.

is it me?

where do I find my earning for the current week.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
40 of 137

Hi Eric, 

I have merged your post to this master thread since your question is related. We have updated the My Reports filters. In the past, agencies and freelancers have a total of nine reports that show different views/groupings of the same data. Because this was often confusing, we wanted to simplify and provide one report. This gives you the ability to filter and drill-down without having to switch to another report. In the future, we will add preset filters so you have the option to create custom reports and see the info you need most.

Because the new My Reports filters include more information in one place, we have retired some existing reports last April. These are:

• Agency reports: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details, and Time Analyze
  • Freelancer reports: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet

The rest of your reports will remain just as they are.

Could you please share how you used the Timelogs report so that I can understand better how this report may be important to some freelancers.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS