🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
joansands
Community Member

Upwork got rid of a great report and substituted a new report entitled "My Reports" and that new report is terrible. I will never use it. But I really miss the report they got rid of. Why does Upwork spend their time doing something so horrible?

firescue17
Community Member

https://www.calculator.net/time-calculator.html

In order to compensate for Upwork's opportunistic "choice" to remove the previous (and commonly accepted) free Time Analyze Report and lock it behind the paywall, here's a link to an online calculator that can be used to sum time worked on hourly contracts without jumping through hoops to convert 10-minute increments into decimals of one hour.

/shameful 😔

andreypoltavets
Community Member

Shame 👿

vieniav
Community Member

Can we please bring the Timelog report back and quickly? Otherwise I'd need to go through the diary to collect all the memos I entered in the last month, which can take me an hour. My client asked me again for it yesterday.

safonov
Community Member

Hi. Thanks for your reply.  Not all clients familiar with the Upwork interface also not all of them have Plus account to have access to the report I think. 

Here is one of the flows of how it works on our side. In Memo, we mention Trello Card Name with the task described when tracking time spent on the task. Each week we copy-paste time logs to google sheets, combine hours of the team according to Card Names, and provide the client detailed report of time spent on each task. This is only one case but we have pretty similar where not Trello card but other identifiers used.

joansands
Community Member

Avery - Upwork got rid of "timesheet details" - something I used every day. Who made such a stupid decision? The information that was in timesheet details is nowhere else!!!!!

pinkmuffin
Community Member

Dear Upwork,

There is certain type of report which I really love because It is very useful when I'm trying to estimate how much do I charge to new client. This is called "Time Analyze"  It is simply gorgeous and very easy to use, I can be able to see my earnings per client with columns per month or weeks and I can even switch to display in terms of number of hours charged to client, The date dropdown  is also very easy to scroll.  I wonder why it is taken down and replaced with another format which is limited to specific month and not shown as tabulated per month/per client.  Is this new changes going to be permanent?  Thank you Have a nice day~

doonyatrans
Community Member

Hello all,

Me and a few other colleagues working on the Upwork platform wondered where did the Timesheet Details option disappear? Was it completely removed or can we access it in another way?
This was od much help in calculating hours worked on separate jobs.

Hope it hasn't gone completely.

Thanks much in advance for your time.

Dunja S.

a-lunev
Community Member

I do need the timelog report that was available here: https://www.upwork.com/reports/timelogs?year=2020&week=11

Please, recover it. It was a very basic report and I do not understand why it has silently dissappeared. And of course, it should not be switched for Freelancer Plus only.

If you introduce some comprehensive reports (as you may think they are and you may want to take money for them), please introduce them w/o disturbing the basic functionality that existed before.

wendy_writes
Community Member

Steven, I'm flagging your comment  on "illegal discrimination" as a  moderator needs to refer this process to Legal and then get back to all of us on rectification of an illegal move.