🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
joansands
Community Member

Dunja - Upwork took away the timesheet details report. They did that without ever asking freelancers whether they used that report - and now there is no way to get that information unless you go to view the work diary and spend way too much time trying to figure out how much time you spent on individual jobs for a client. Upwork is a really great platform for freelancers but sometimes they do really stupid things.

godrin01
Community Member

Hi there.

Since logging in to my Freelancer Account today,

I can no longer access the Time Analyze and Weekly Timelog. I used to use these very often to project & track Bills & Earnings. Now, only a weird "Weekly Summary" comes up, asking to upgrade to Freelancer Pro as well.

Does anyone else encounter this issue? If these 2 were removed, it'd make   breaking down Hourly Billing more cumbersome.. 

Best,

Mike.

emiguelina
Community Member

Michael S wrote:

Hi there.

Since logging in to my Freelancer Account today,

I can no longer access the Time Analyze and Weekly Timelog. I used to use these very often to project & track Bills & Earnings. Now, only a weird "Weekly Summary" comes up, asking to upgrade to Freelancer Pro as well.

Does anyone else encounter this issue? If these 2 were removed, it'd make   breaking down Hourly Billing more cumbersome.. 

See the announcement here.

joansands
Community Member

Richer data, Avery? On what planet? You took away "timesheet details" that had great data and put a horrible "My Reports" that I will never ever use!!!

mengineering
Community Member

There is no richer information available as you mention. No filter is available for the free plan and no other possibility to group the information in any useful way for the free accounts. 

The freelancers MUST upgrade their accounts in order to use any filter.

Day by day, Upwork become more and more greedy.

joansands
Community Member

In my opinion, Joanne, the new "My Reports" is abysmal and I will never use that report. What on earth was Upwork thinking?

godrin01
Community Member

Melba K wrote:

Dear Upwork,

There is certain type of report which I really love because It is very useful when I'm trying to estimate how much do I charge to new client. This is called "Time Analyze"  It is simply gorgeous and very easy to use, I can be able to see my earnings per client with columns per month or weeks and I can even switch to display in terms of number of hours charged to client, The date dropdown  is also very easy to scroll.  I wonder why it is taken down and replaced with another format which is limited to specific month and not shown as tabulated per month/per client.  Is this new changes going to be permanent?  Thank you Have a nice day~

I certainly find this new development horrible as well. Agreed.

dmatora
Community Member

Thanks for illustration Steven, new Report tool is a nighmare, even when you pay to unlock all it's features. I was using Time Analyze tool on a daliy basis and now it's gone without proper substitute.

This is not first time i see popular company making decision to kill perfectly working product and replace it with something dissapointing, not having remote understanding why people loved original product in the first place. Sometimes mistake is being admitted, original product is being restored and whoever made the decision is getting fired ... sometimes not ... Unfortunatly both

1. Getting extended reports accessable to Frelancer Plus only
  2. And replacing perfectly working report tool with garbage noone will want to use

perfectly makes sense, since both removes pressure on servers and cuts expenses.

I don't hope much that our complaints will lead to brining old tool back, so i'll have to implement it myself based on CSV data. Instead of spending time on earning money for myself and Upwork, i'll have to spend time on writing code that was already written. I will loose money i could earn during redevelopment time, and Upwork will loose comission they could get. I wonder how many developers will do the same, and how many will just loose a tool that helped them to raise their productivity to the edge. And i wonder would would be total comission loss for the Upwork.

jimi008
Community Member

Thank You for updating and providing the new combined report that will remove the clutter for us. Initially, I thought that the feature I used mostly "Timelogs" is removed or moved to a paid subscription only but after I explored the new Weekly report I got it very easily and found it convenient to see all reports in one place.

researchediting
Community Member

To sum up:

• Some reports are changing, but others aren't.
  • Oh wait, those reports are changing, too.
  • The new report provides "richer data" than the old reports.
  • The old reports never did what we say they did. (Oh wait, they did.)
  • But we can pay for (the equivalent of) the old reports if we want them.
  • Only we might not get them, because they're still building out new filters.
  • The new filters might or might not meet our needs, because they have no idea what those needs are and are anecdotally polling us to find out.

Meanwhile, mods are scrambling to keep up with a new official line every day.

Could Upwork possibly have made this rollout more protracted, painful, obscure, contradictory, disingenuous, and half-baked?