🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
thawevermelt
Community Member
ab_sarin
Community Member

Hi,

Why do we need to upgrade to get a report that was already available? Why can we not have access to group by week feature on the basic plan.  It was available before. 

This is a dis-service to freelancers who work hard on your platform.  Very unhappy with Upwork.

Anju

futureborne
Community Member

Getting rid of the Timelog view is a terrible idea because it affects billing and payments. Timesheets was the one report I used every week to review what I billed, and what is outstanding, It also allowed me to make any corrections based on the weekly view. I just contacted Support. They toild me to use Work diary to view timesheet details and make changes there. Work diary is not user friendly. When we are all billing our valuebale time, going thru the hour-by-hour view is just onerous. Why would you take something away that people found useful and make things more difficult ? 

robric
Community Member

The new 'My Reports' are horrid. Checking earnings with my six clients takes much longer than before. Bring the Timelogs back! Richard

k_nadel
Community Member

Oh, wow... I've held myself from checking these forums for a while: I'm as frustrated as I possibly can be with the new reports system, but I anticipated I'd be reading poor excuses to justify these changes being made, I anticipated moderators would be treating freelancers as if they were born just yesterday and didn't know how to use a computer, telling us it's all so much easier to use now, so much clearer, and of course, making no acknowledgment whatsoever to the fact that all this is just about setting up yet another paywall.

Oh boy UW: you do not disappoint!

Today, after having to manually go through different clients' payments for the eleventh time, I couldn't help myself from heading over to the community forums to at least give kudos to those who are trying to get UW to see the injustice being made here and to say I feel the same way.

We liked the old system: It was easy, it was quick, it was effective. We don't like the new system: It's clumsy, it's confusing, and most importantly it is NOT better than the old system, so trying to charge for it is just ridiculous, it will not happen.

It is not about the $15, I have paid thousands and thousands of dollars in service fees over the last few years, and I have done so happily as UW provided a valuable service to me, enabling me to access clients worldwide, ensuring I get paid, etc., we all know the drill. But asking us to pay for a service that used to be BETTER and FREE is just ridiculous and even though I don't see it happening, I hope you reconsider this approach.

k_nadel
Community Member

Oh, and by the way, I know you guys say the old system was clumsy and full of repetitive data (despite us loving it), so I was thinking maybe a solution would be for you to charge for the awesome new system and just have us, cheap freelancers, enjoy the old clumsy, repetitive system under a "Legacy reports" tab? Because this is about making life easier for everyone, not about setting up a paywall, right?

k_nadel
Community Member

So I take it this silence means UW is over this, huh?

jared_k
Community Member

So what do you freelancers think of Upwork removing this feature? I found it an easy and useful way to keep track of monthly and quarterly earnings. Unless I'm missing something the only way we can do that now is via the certificate of earnings, right?

zoeadel
Community Member
jared_k
Community Member

This is all my profile shows. Costumer service said our profiles would no longer show the monthly, quarterly, etc. and that it wasn't a glitch in my profile. Yours is still showing the monthly, quaterly, yearly reports under "Earnings by Client"?