🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
reneeredding
Community Member

Hello,

I found this report to be very useful and can't believe they have taken if down. I used it often especially at the end of the year. I'm not even sure now how I will go about determining my yearly earnings. I'm bummed that it is gone!

Sara

jared_k
Community Member

Yes, and I'm not sure why Upwork took it down and didn't announce anything. Sure we can use the certificate of earnings, but like you said this was so much more convienient.

petra_r
Community Member

Why don't you use your transaction history, which lets you customize the reports you run just about any way you like with the filters.

anna_babicheva
Community Member

The Earning by Client report was easier. Transaction history does not summarise the number of my earnings for each month, it was so much easier for my accountancy. Now it's just more steps to do before I see the result of the month. 

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Jared, Sara and Anna,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'd like to follow up and advise how you can use other available reports to access the information you're looking for.

For accessing total earnings per month or any date range by a client, you can use the Earnings by Client report. Users on Basic membership can also download the CSV and manually group the information.

Reports New.png

Total hours and earnings in Reports, Earnings by Client report or Certificate of Earnings all provide information about monthly earnings that freelancers can use to apply for disability benefits, report their income for tax purposes, etc. We would recommend using the Certificate of Earnings report as a more official way of sharing this information as it includes a signature from an Upwork representative. 

We do recognize that the approach to using Reports for some freelancers will need to change and we are here to help guide you during this transition. Some of the processes you shared with us we didn’t anticipate since the Reports data (both in the previous and new versions) were designed to be used for a different purpose. Please feel free to reach out to us here and we’ll gladly help with navigating new Reports and identifying information you’re looking for.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Today I learned this report has been removed. Why? Will it be replaced by something similar?

I use the report weekly to determine my monthly earnings. 

Anyone else notice this?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Robin,

That information can now be accessed through My Reports where you can view Summaries by Client for any time period, group them and customize columns. There is also an option to download CSV report and further customize that information. 

entaroadun
Community Member

Hello Vladimir,

The new report doesn't shows fees taken by Upwork like old "Earnings by client" does.

Regards,

Anton

merrill-rachel
Community Member

I don't see a Summaries by Client Option, only Lifetime Billings by Client, which doesn't allow any kind of grouping or filtering. I used the Earnings by Client, filtered by Current Year, to keep track of my yearly earnings, and pay my quarterly taxes. Did it not occur to Upwork that this is a very important metric for freelancers? How do I see my Year to Date earnings at a glance, without downloading a CSV and using Excel?

sedatozhan
Community Member

Hi. I am a freelancer from Turkey.

Yesterday I realized that I can not access the Earnings By Client report.  It was a good way for me to overview my earnings for a specified period based on different clients. I could not understand why Upwork choose to remove this. Maybe they want to market the freelancer plus account. Anyway, I am not happy with the latest change. Maybe they give this feature back if freelancers raise their voice. 🙂

Best regards

Sedat