🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jamiu,

The information you're referring to is still available for Transaction History report but instead of showing at the bottom of the page, it's now available is you click on the "Balance" link right at the top.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Maria,

You should be able to go as far back as you want when setting up the date range in Transaction History report manually. Here is a screenshot as an example. Then you should be able to access invoices by clicking on the reference numbers as usual.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Maria,

You should be able to go as far back as you want when setting up the date range in Transaction History report manually. Here is a screenshot as an example. Then you should be able to access invoices by clicking on the reference numbers as usual.

Thanks Valeria.
The other day, something was wrong with Upwork or with my computer, because I had no way to go back to May.
Now it works well.

kallu_shay
Community Member

Could you at least mimic the old earning by clients report by including how much fees are deducted and the total amount we received? I need to know the total amount received and total amount of fees to report that in my taxes.

merrill-rachel
Community Member

Linda- I just had the same thought looking at it, and figured out that if you filter for "withdrawals" that will show the amount you earned minus Upwork fees- I think. It's needlessly convoluted though. Just a basic earnings report would be awfully handy.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Linda and Rachel,

You should be able to find that information through your Lifetime Billings by client report. Click on the Total amount link opposite of the client's name. On the next page, you'll see an option to set up a date range. Once done, click on the amount that shows under Billed and you'll see a pop up that reflects fees paid.

golubenko_v
Community Member

Hello everyone!

Today I noticed that the "Earnings by Client" function has disappeared. A very useful feature that no longer exists. Instead, the "Billings by Client" page appeared.

Here's what it says on my page: "The Earnings by Client report has been removed. To view details of your earnings for a specific client, select the amount in the Total Billed column."

As far as I can understand this tode is an interesting functionality, but it does not give the same benefit that was from the first function "Earnings by Client". After all, you could see with whom you worked with how much you earned for any period of time that interests you. You could track how much work you completed, how many clients there were, etc.

I sincerely hope that this "Earnings by Client" function will be returned as an option or as a separate page. She is very useful and I am sure that many freelancers will support me.

What do you guys think?

Sincerely, Vladimir

merrill-rachel
Community Member

That's not helpful when you want to see your year to date total earnings, not with a single client, but with any and all clients. Just a report where you can click to filter for "this year" or "last year" and ssee all your earnings, minus all the Upwork fees, with a nice total at the bottom. 

mihaiz
Community Member

Hi Vladimir, I completely agree with you, that option was extremely useful

I wanted to check today my reports, and I saw that "Earnings by Clients" was removed. That was an extremely useful tool because I could actually track cashflow per month, not just how much work I've done (which I can still see in My reports and select a monthly period), but how much money I actually received that month (as in made available)

Where has this report been moved? Where can I find it? 

golubenko_v
Community Member

Hi Mihai!

"The Earnings by Client report has been removed"

Based on the notice above, this page has been removed and changed to what it is now. At the moment, the two links "Earnings by Client" and "Lifetime Billings for client" give the same page. I really hope that the previous page "Earnings by Client" will be returned.