🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
wescowley
Community Member

Go to the Reports page and look at the Available tab. You should see the detail there.

bwest_design
Community Member

So, I just discovered that the Earnings by Client report is no longer available. I chatted with support who recommended using the "My Reports" section, but this is absolutely not a viable alternative as it doesn't provide the same information, plus it only goes back exactly a year from the current date.

Earnings by Client was very important to me at tax time because it clearly lists my total income for the year as well as the fees, so I know to list those as expenses. Has anyone else noticed this issue yet, and how are you planning to work around it when filling out taxes next year if these pieces of information aren't added back somewhere? At this point, it looks like the only option is going to be to go into "transaction history" and filter it to only show debits and download a CSV so I can add them up in Excel. Very frustrating to see this change, especially without a full replacement being offered. It even still recommends using Earnings by Client on Upwork's own help page about reporting income from Upwork.

socalvalerie
Community Member

Yes, I was disappointed not to have that anymore. As far as I can tell, you have to export the data and add it up in Excel, Google Sheets, etc. Don't know why they took it away. 

bwest_design
Community Member

I will say I'm really glad the CSV option is still there at least. I was panicking slightly before I found the filters for that haha.

joansands
Community Member

Brett - FYI, I use a computer program to keep track of all my income and expenses. So, every month I have the amount of money I earned from Upwork after fees and also what Upwork expenses I have - and then I have totals for the year. It is the best way I have found to keep track of all income and expenses and I don't have to count on Upwork for doing it for me.

bwest_design
Community Member

Joan S wrote:

Brett - FYI, I use a computer program to keep track of all my income and expenses. So, every month I have the amount of money I earned from Upwork after fees and also what Upwork expenses I have - and then I have totals for the year. It is the best way I have found to keep track of all income and expenses and I don't have to count on Upwork for doing it for me.

Hi Joan,

That's actually exactly how I used to do this when I was on Elance several years ago. I had an Excel file, and I would download my transactions from Elance periodically, and import and clean them up for my records. Now I also use Quickbooks Self Employed, which has been fantastic. I agree that it's still useful to have other options because you never know when a change like this will end up being implemented out of nowhere. Thanks!

kbadeau
Community Member

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Halyna,

Thanks for the question. You can access the information you're looking for by using My Reports. You can select a time period or specify a date range and find the totals displayed at the bottom of the page for the date range selected. You also have the option to view Summaries by Client for any time period, group them and customize columns by selecting these options through the Grouping field on the right side. There is also an option to download CSV report and further customize that information. Have a look and let me know if you were able to access the info you're after or would like to receive further assistance.

How can I see how much I actually made this month vs. what Upwork charged my clients? In other words, how much of my total I paid to Upwork in fees?

researchediting
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Halyna,

Thanks for the question. You can access the information you're looking for by using My Reports. You can select a time period or specify a date range and find the totals displayed at the bottom of the page for the date range selected. You also have the option to view Summaries by Client for any time period, group them and customize columns by selecting these options through the Grouping field on the right side. There is also an option to download CSV report and further customize that information. Have a look and let me know if you were able to access the info you're after or would like to receive further assistance.

How can I see how much I actually made this month vs. what Upwork charged my clients? In other words, how much of my total I paid to Upwork in fees?

The only practical solution I know is using spreadsheet manipulation on downloaded data from the transaction report.

amymortensen
Community Member

I have to finish my taxes and it looks like they have removed the earnings reports.  How can I know what I earned for all of 2019 and the fees paid so I can do my taxes that are due in a few days? 

amymortensen
Community Member

Under "My reports" I cannot select a date range for all of 2019.  How are we supposed to know what we earned in prior years for tax purposes?