🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports
Page options

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the information available in your Reports tab, we’re consolidating the nine different reports agencies and freelancers use to track data, into one single report that will house all hourly and fixed-price contract data. The new consolidated report called My Reports, will be available to all users via Reports > My Reports, and will include the same data that’s available to you today, but now in one customizable view and with additional richer data.

The My Reports page has greater filtering abilities and introduces customizable column options which will allow all users, Basic and Plus, to further customize display preferences and access a greater variety of data on a single page. This includes richer fixed-price and hourly contract data, and new Payment Type and Payment Description filters. Along with more prominent features like the ability to discern between manual, active, and exceeded hours (when hours run over the weekly limit contact limit set by a client). As well as several advanced filtering options for Plus members like the ability to filter by Milestones and months. And new Agency Plus filters to separate data by Clients and Teams.

OLD View:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 5.27.30 PM.png

NEW View:

New 3-2.png

New 2-2.png

New 2-1.png

For Freelancers, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timesheet Details, Time Analyze, Timelogs, and Weekly Timesheet reports, into a new consolidated view. Your other reports will stay the same. This means you will still be able to access Overview, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings directly from the Reports tab as you currently do.

For Agencies, My Reports will house all of the data from: Timelogs, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Freelancer, Weekly Agency Timesheet by Client, Agency Timesheet Details and Time Analyze reports. Agencies will also have access to the Earnings Overview and Weekly Summary by Freelancers reports. The other reports, Transaction History, Lifetime Billings by Client and Connects History will remain as they currently are.

Users on the Freelancer and Agency Basic membership plan will have access to the same data they have today along with some additional data and options but will need to upgrade in order to access a few advance filtering options.

The new My Reports page will be rolling out this week and is mobile-ready. They will also be fully accessible through the Upwork Freelancer app soon. The reports that were consolidated will be retired in the coming months.

Let us know if you have any questions.

136 Comments
wescowley
Community Member

Instead of looking in My Reports, try the Transaction History and see if you can select the full range there.

I strongly suggest you keep your own set of books and copy the Upwork transaction details over to your books on a regular basis. Don't rely on a third party, even Upwork, to keep track of critical information like that.

amymortensen
Community Member

I have been working on upwork and odesk since 2011 and the report I am speaking of was always available and it was always how I did my taxes.  We get handy W2s from formal employers.  I  don't think it is unreasonable to expect an accounting from someone I pay a hefty percentage of my earnings to.   

amymortensen
Community Member

So the answer is really we now have to keep track of every transaction and fee?  I have various clients sometimes with 3 different transactions just in one week.  It is going to be tedious to add and subtract every little transaction for 52 weeks.  Yeah to math practice I guess.  Grrr.  

NikolaS

Hi Amy,

I have merged your posts into the thread where the reports were being discussed. Earnings by client reports isn't available anymore. However, you can access the information using Transaction History as Wes, suggested, Total Billings by Client reports (where you can click on the amounts and customize the dates,) or by using My Reports. Feel free to check out Vladimir's replies on this thread for more information.

yitwail
Community Member

Amy M wrote:

So the answer is really we now have to keep track of every transaction and fee?  I have various clients sometimes with 3 different transactions just in one week.  It is going to be tedious to add and subtract every little transaction for 52 weeks.  Yeah to math practice I guess.  Grrr.  

I take the extension on filing taxes so I had to recently calculate total I earned on Upwork for 2019, and using Wes' method of looking at Transaction History then adjusting the start & end dates for Statement Period, and filtering by Withdrawals and then clicking Download CSV, I was able to import the CSV into a spreadsheet and then sum the Amount column to get the info I needed. It's a bit of work, but better than trying to do it by hand.

shawndouglas
Community Member

Just found out about this, as I was getting a rough calculation for the upcoming ACA registration period. I've been using the service since it was oDesk, way back in 2009. I've seen a lot of changes, many of them just not making any sense. The removal of the "Earnings by Client" report is another mind boggling change. It was so useful for helping us quickly get data to complete our taxes. Two numbers: earnings for the year, fees for the year, all for that client. Sure, I can click on the contract now and filter by date range, and yes, still get total earnings, but we now have manually add the fees for each week (or export as a CVS and have Excel do it). They obviously sum the earnings, it's not like it's any harder to do the same for the fees, like the old "Earnings by Client" report used to. So backwards. Wish I could understand what leadership is doing with this company.