Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
91 of 128

Wow I am late to this thread but catching up as I just noticed we now have to pay (membership) to access very basic features. This is utterly shameful.

What on earth does Upwork do with the 10%-20% + membership fees + any other money it collects from users?? Soon you will be charging us every time we log into the site and/or for every site page we access on Upwork. (And no, that is not a feature suggestion!)

A thousand kudos to everything Steven said + the other concerns noted by freelancers here. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
92 of 128

Hi Maria,

You should be able to go as far back as you want when setting up the date range in Transaction History report manually. Here is a screenshot as an example. Then you should be able to access invoices by clicking on the reference numbers as usual.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
93 of 128

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Maria,

You should be able to go as far back as you want when setting up the date range in Transaction History report manually. Here is a screenshot as an example. Then you should be able to access invoices by clicking on the reference numbers as usual.

Thanks Valeria.
The other day, something was wrong with Upwork or with my computer, because I had no way to go back to May.
Now it works well.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jamiu I Member Since: Jul 3, 2018
94 of 128

Until few months ago, whenever I click "Transaction history" and select a particular period of time to display, I get the total sum of credits and debits at the end. That is, I can see the total amount I have earned in a month, in 3 months, 6 months or a year easily without having to calculate it myself. That feature disappeared sometimes ago and I turned to "Earnings by Client" as it served that purpose as well. Just few days ago, Earnings by Client vanished too! But I saw a new feature that shocked me; now, it's either I pay Upwork to see the total amount I have earned within a particular period or I use my calculator. Apparently, Upwork is tactically 'compelling' me to upgrade to Freelancer Plus.

Highlighted
95 of 128

Hi Jamiu,

The information you're referring to is still available for Transaction History report but instead of showing at the bottom of the page, it's now available is you click on the "Balance" link right at the top.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Linda S Member Since: Dec 22, 2015
96 of 128

Could you at least mimic the old earning by clients report by including how much fees are deducted and the total amount we received? I need to know the total amount received and total amount of fees to report that in my taxes.

Highlighted
Rachel M Member Since: Jul 7, 2018
97 of 128

Linda- I just had the same thought looking at it, and figured out that if you filter for "withdrawals" that will show the amount you earned minus Upwork fees- I think. It's needlessly convoluted though. Just a basic earnings report would be awfully handy.

Highlighted
98 of 128

Linda and Rachel,

You should be able to find that information through your Lifetime Billings by client report. Click on the Total amount link opposite of the client's name. On the next page, you'll see an option to set up a date range. Once done, click on the amount that shows under Billed and you'll see a pop up that reflects fees paid.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Rachel M Member Since: Jul 7, 2018
99 of 128

That's not helpful when you want to see your year to date total earnings, not with a single client, but with any and all clients. Just a report where you can click to filter for "this year" or "last year" and ssee all your earnings, minus all the Upwork fees, with a nice total at the bottom. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Member Since: Jan 1, 2018
100 of 128

Hello everyone!

Today I noticed that the "Earnings by Client" function has disappeared. A very useful feature that no longer exists. Instead, the "Billings by Client" page appeared.

Here's what it says on my page: "The Earnings by Client report has been removed. To view details of your earnings for a specific client, select the amount in the Total Billed column."

As far as I can understand this tode is an interesting functionality, but it does not give the same benefit that was from the first function "Earnings by Client". After all, you could see with whom you worked with how much you earned for any period of time that interests you. You could track how much work you completed, how many clients there were, etc.

I sincerely hope that this "Earnings by Client" function will be returned as an option or as a separate page. She is very useful and I am sure that many freelancers will support me.

What do you guys think?

Sincerely, Vladimir

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS