Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
11 of 137

Vladimir G wrote:

Users on the Freelancer ... membership plan will have access to the same data they have today ...

This is false! If it was true, Upwork wouldn't be attempting to charge us for it!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Phat D Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
12 of 137

Hello Upwork,

There's recently been an upgrade to the Reports functionality and the report known previously as "Timesheet Details" is no longer there. With it I used to be able to download a csv file with a custom date range. At the end of the month, we (my client and I) need the "Working on" log for the previous month to tabulate reports to see how much time we spent on each aspect (which department, which project, which place in the system etc..). Since the Time Tracker only allow tagging the "Category" in the log, we created own own system of tags and put them in the "Working on" memo.

The current report only allows me to see the logs with a summary for each project. How do I download the logs for the last month or any date range and with the detailed diary memo?

Highlighted
Denys S Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
13 of 137

Hello. Is any way to see memos as it was before? We have a client who asks to provide a detailed track of work each week. With the present update, I need to go day by day work diary for 5 contracts to collect the same info I have on one page before. It's pretty annoying. Could you please add memos to your Customize columns dropdown or give us back Timelogs as it was before?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 137

Hi Denys,

Thank for the question. I checked with our team and it does appear that the memos display that was available before wasn't integrated in the combined Reports. We'll follow up with an update soon.

Regarding the process you described, could you please share more information about how you used the memos display, since clients do have access to this information on their end? I'm just looking for feedback to understand how you were using that information. Thank you.

Highlighted
Denys S Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
15 of 137

Hi. Thanks for your reply.  Not all clients familiar with the Upwork interface also not all of them have Plus account to have access to the report I think. 

Here is one of the flows of how it works on our side. In Memo, we mention Trello Card Name with the task described when tracking time spent on the task. Each week we copy-paste time logs to google sheets, combine hours of the team according to Card Names, and provide the client detailed report of time spent on each task. This is only one case but we have pretty similar where not Trello card but other identifiers used.

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 137

WHAT IS WRONG WITH UPWORK'S DECISION MAKING?

• It's no longer possible to pull a weekly earnings report without upgrading to Freelancer Plus!
  • It's no longer possible to pull a monthly earnings report without upgrading to Freelancer Plus!
  • It's no longer possible to pull an all-time earnings report without upgrading to Freelancer Plus!

Ultimate Upwork Fail.png

How are we supposed to comply with incoming reporting, for like, ... every country on Earth?? There is no way possible this company can expect to charge us for basic reports, which used to be free, in order to continue to do business on this platform.

What is wrong with you Upwork! Quit fiddling around with stuff that works fine!

Highlighted
17 of 137

Hi Steven,

Please note that users on the Basic plan never had the ability to group by months and weeks, or by clients/teams (for an agency). Please refer to the private message I sent you and I'd like to kindly ask you to refrain from making repetitive posts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 137

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Steven,

Please note that users on the Basic plan never had the ability to group by months and weeks, or by clients/teams (for an agency). Please refer to the private message I sent you and I'd like to kindly ask you to refrain from making repetitive posts.

I posted a screenshot of one directly above your response. [ETA: I have never, ever paid for a premium membership and] I have 57 more monthly reports grouped by contract [archived]. Does Upwork think the Freelance Contractors who pioneered the industry don't know how to use computers, know how to file our own taxes, or remember what a report looked liked as recently as yesterday?

Highlighted
19 of 137

Hi Phat, Denys and Steven,

Please note that I'm checking with my team regarding the functionalities you asked about on this thread and we'll be posting an update once we receive a confirmation from our team.

Regarding Denys's question, please note that I've confirmed that the memo display is no longer available, most likely for both Basic and Plus users, and shared your feedback with the team.

Phat, could you please try following the steps from the screenshot below and let me know if you can access the information you're looking for?

Reports New.png

Steven, I apologize for the confusion, the team confirmed the ability to group by months and weeks has been available under Time Analyze report before. I edited my previous comments in order to avoid creating further confusion.

Highlighted
Community Guru
20 of 137

Thank you very much for your acknowledgment. I sincerely hope this decision is reverted forthwith.

Considering the dire circumstances for Freelancers around the world, it is quite simply unconscionable to force Freelancers to pay for access to accurate financial records for income they have already paid a 5% to 20% commission upon.

At the sake of being repetitive, this is a comparable scenario as a retail store refusing to provide a receipt for a point of sale transaction.

This can not stand.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS