Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Phat D Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
21 of 137

Thank you for following up on this, Vladimir. I tried that but it didn't show what I'm looking for. I need the memos that I put into the Time Tracker but it is not one of the fields available. The closest to it is Payment Description. But it only shows milestones for Fixed Price jobs and shows a "-" for hourlies.

Highlighted
Helen M Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
22 of 137

New report system is crazy inconvenient. I want to see all list of open contracts and understand where is some work done, and where is no work for the week. How I can return to old system of reports?

I'm agency owner and I want to see the list of all open contracts for a week, I don't want to check the calendar for the dates if I want to see info on 3 weeks ago. You made everything so complicated, so I have to spend today 2 hours for finding info I spent before 10 min.

I want to have a way to use old reports system

Highlighted
23 of 137

And in addition - I found 3 mistakes in showing datas on reports page for last week - like it shows 6:40 h and $sum according to this time, but on contract page and on transaction page - there's another time and another sum. So now I also have to recheck all the data from report page???

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
24 of 137

Hi Helen,

I moved your posts to this announcement thread.

Could you please pm me all the details and screenshots showing the different data on different pages and reports?

Highlighted
25 of 137

>Could you please pm me all the details and screenshots showing the different data on different pages and reports?

I sent you message at pm with screens for the errors

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
26 of 137

Thanks, Helen, I responded to your private message, let's continue communicating there so I can replicate the report you're looking at.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
27 of 137

Upwork got rid of a great report and substituted a new report entitled "My Reports" and that new report is terrible. I will never use it. But I really miss the report they got rid of. Why does Upwork spend their time doing something so horrible?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
28 of 137

So this

2020-03-31 Time Analyze - Original.png

Was turned into this

2020-03-31 Time Analyze - New.png

WHAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED?

Instead of doing something productive like adding a print button Upwork decided to:

• Remove all the headers
  • Remove the page orientation
  • Turn a one-page document into a four-page document

And now we're supposed to pay to fix it? We're supposed to pay for the basic accounting report that's been free since at least 2013? I hope Walmart doesn't start charging extra for the self-checkout to print a receipt the next time I buy groceries.

I'm so glad I don't work 20+ days. What a nightmare that would be to sort through

line by

line by

line by

line by

line by line ...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
29 of 137

+ 1000  

Grumpy, angry - and disgusted with this.

Highlighted
Dmitry M Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
30 of 137

Thanks for illustration Steven, new Report tool is a nighmare, even when you pay to unlock all it's features. I was using Time Analyze tool on a daliy basis and now it's gone without proper substitute.

This is not first time i see popular company making decision to kill perfectly working product and replace it with something dissapointing, not having remote understanding why people loved original product in the first place. Sometimes mistake is being admitted, original product is being restored and whoever made the decision is getting fired ... sometimes not ... Unfortunatly both

1. Getting extended reports accessable to Frelancer Plus only
  2. And replacing perfectly working report tool with garbage noone will want to use

perfectly makes sense, since both removes pressure on servers and cuts expenses.

I don't hope much that our complaints will lead to brining old tool back, so i'll have to implement it myself based on CSV data. Instead of spending time on earning money for myself and Upwork, i'll have to spend time on writing code that was already written. I will loose money i could earn during redevelopment time, and Upwork will loose comission they could get. I wonder how many developers will do the same, and how many will just loose a tool that helped them to raise their productivity to the edge. And i wonder would would be total comission loss for the Upwork.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS