Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Agency & Freelancer Reports

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
61 of 137

Oh, and by the way, I know you guys say the old system was clumsy and full of repetitive data (despite us loving it), so I was thinking maybe a solution would be for you to charge for the awesome new system and just have us, cheap freelancers, enjoy the old clumsy, repetitive system under a "Legacy reports" tab? Because this is about making life easier for everyone, not about setting up a paywall, right?

Highlighted
Gene M Member Since: May 9, 2020
62 of 137

these reports werre very valuable to my business, please add them back or provide something simular.  I now have no other way to produce my own weeky detail except to duplicate my effort.  This was a terrible move on someones part that cearly impactis your freelancers (aka customer)

Highlighted
Cherry G Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
63 of 137

I understand that there has been a new roll-out of Reports Menu that is supposed to consolidate all types of reports. Unfortunately, this also led to taking out the Timesheet Details summary report, which was very useful for Freelancers in order to check our monthly memos vis-a-vis the time we spent working on the said memo. This has been available to us since before Odesk became UpWork, and we would like to have it brought back. As of now, only the employers have this feature, but we would like to not have to trouble them for it just to check on how much time we've spent on a particular task,

Please bring it back. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Matthew L Member Since: May 2, 2016
64 of 137

Came here to complain about this too.

I've just logged in to check the 'Time Analyze' report from the previous weeks' work, as I need to update a separate PM platform that a client uses, to find...

It doesn't exist anymore! **Edited for Community Guidelines**

And now I have to pay to access more detailed reporting? Are you serious? UW is already taxing every minute of work that I undertake here. This is a bad move. Add this to inscrutable 'Job Success' score, total lack of support (beyond platitudinous emails asking 'so how're we doing!?') during the Covid outbreak, and this platform really does appear to be sinking. 

This is a multimillion-dollar platform, providing a middle-man service and already taxing its users for every penny earned. I'll be considering looking for alternatives from now.

Highlighted
Matthew L Member Since: May 2, 2016
Highlighted
Alp G Member Since: May 15, 2020
66 of 137

Getting rid of the Timelog view is a terrible idea because it affects billing and payments. Timesheets was the one report I used every week to review what I billed, and what is outstanding, It also allowed me to make any corrections based on the weekly view. I just contacted Support. They toild me to use Work diary to view timesheet details and make changes there. Work diary is not user friendly. When we are all billing our valuebale time, going thru the hour-by-hour view is just onerous. Why would you take something away that people found useful and make things more difficult ? 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Richard F Member Since: Sep 9, 2009
67 of 137

The new 'My Reports' are horrid. Checking earnings with my six clients takes much longer than before. Bring the Timelogs back! Richard

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
68 of 137

So I take it this silence means UW is over this, huh?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Jared K Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
69 of 137

So what do you freelancers think of Upwork removing this feature? I found it an easy and useful way to keep track of monthly and quarterly earnings. Unless I'm missing something the only way we can do that now is via the certificate of earnings, right?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zoe A Member Since: Dec 16, 2018
70 of 137
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS