cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating your Experience Level

Ramanand Kumar D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
11 of 28

Thanks for making this FEATURE active. I just applied the same to my profile, and hope to see more rewarding bid requests soon. Smiley Happy

RK Deepak
Anna Dominique S Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 28

Thank you for this! I've just updated mine.

Jia He F Member Since: Jan 12, 2015
13 of 28

What is the benefit of updating the experience level?

Andreas H Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
14 of 28

Smiley Happy Thanks for the information. Lg Andy

Nenad Z Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
15 of 28

@Lena E

Regarding this future it was added -What if I have selected experience level, but when I search for my self, my profile doesn't appear under any experience level? I can find my self in search resuts only if experience level is not selected.

Many thanks!

Pavel B Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
16 of 28

I'm having the same issue. I set my Experience level few months ago but still can find myself only with Experience level option unselected.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 28

re: "What if I have selected experience level, but when I search for my self, my profile doesn't appear under any experience level? I can find my self in search resuts only if experience level is not selected."

Doing a search for oneself within the Upwork website is notoriously difficult. I gave up trying to do searches myself long, long ago, just weeks after I started working on Upwork.

18 of 28

I can easily find you with experience level "Expert":

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=Preston%20Hunter&exp=3

But you can find me only with experience level unset:

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=bariew

Though I have set up my experience level too. Why?

19 of 28

Ah, I think I know what's the difference: it's the "Job success" percentage - I dont'have it yet. And all other employees without "Job success" are not shown in "Expert level" search results.

Nenad Z Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
20 of 28

Pavel B wrote:

Ah, I think I know what's the difference: it's the "Job success" percentage - I dont'have it yet. And all other employees without "Job success" are not shown in "Expert level" search results.

I thought that as well, but its not. I saw many providers who don't have JSS but they can be found with experience search criteria.

@Preston - I wouldn't search for myself as well if I have enough work Smiley Happy But if I find out that I need more than 50 proposals to get one job in last three months, then I will search for every possible reason where could be the issue. Also in last 5 weeks my profile was viewed 5 times only (I bet few of those are coming from this forum)... 

For example on Elance, in last 15 years, I was getting job approximately on every 10-15 bids. Something here is definitelly different (or wrong), and I need to find out quickly what it is.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS