UPDATED AS OF 7/27/2018:
As a global platform for collaboration and professionalism, the Upwork Community is here as a place for interesting, thoughtful and helpful conversation. With active participation, the Community can be a great way to make friends, share information, and gain a more engaging experience on Upwork. We want you to come here to have fun and we hope you’ll find some useful information along the way too!
Every great Community needs a few guidelines and we have ours listed below. As a Community Team, it’s our responsibility to ensure we’re fostering the best possible Community for all members and the Upwork brand. Members are asked to treat each other with respect and behave in a professional manner. That being said, we draw the line on a few areas and behaviors that jeopardize the well being of our Community and the members within it.
By using Upwork’s Community Forums you acknowledge that:
- Your posts in the Forums are permanent (unless they are deleted by Upwork for violation of our policies).
- Your posts should be helpful, constructive, and encouraging when voicing dissent or criticism.
- Moderators may take certain actions to keep the Forums organized and helpful for everyone. Such actions are not up for public discussion.
- Upwork reserves the right to remove any inappropriate content in the Forums at any time.
You may lose your posting privileges if you violate any community policies.
Please familiarize yourself with the complete set of guidelines below. If you come across anything in the Community that appears to violate these guidelines, use the “Report Inappropriate Content” option to let our team know about it.
Using the Community forums:
The following are violations that may result in immediate post removal, warning, board sanction and/or suspension from the site:
- Posting in a language other than English.
- Posting advertisements or promoting any products or services.
- Soliciting users to participate in interviews, contests, surveys or other research studies.
- Including your own or another person’s or company's contact information and/or email address in a post for any purpose.
- Including names of persons or companies (or other identifying information) in an accusation of misconduct, incompetence or other wrongdoing.
- Posting email content, chat transcripts or other private communication.
- Posting Inappropriate content, this includes but is not limited to profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, insults, disruptive or hostile comments, interpersonal disputes or threats of violence in a post, and material (graphic or text) that is obscene, pornographic or adult in nature.
- Discussing or reposting deleted posts or warning letters or discussion of sanctioned or no longer registered members.
- Posting deliberately disruptive and negative statements about Upwork.
- Encouraging others to violate Upwork Terms of Service.
- Attempting to impersonate Upwork staff or other Upwork members.
- Posting material that in any way violates the Upwork User Agreement or other Terms of Service.
- Posting content determined to be inappropriate, overly negative, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of this forum, in the sole discretion of Upwork
- Being disrespectful towards other members. Personal attacks based on a user's English, lack of knowledge, experience of Upwork platform or any other disparaging comments will not be tolerated.
- Posting consistently negative content (for example, “laundry lists” or “rants”) without recommending or suggesting a potential solution.
These guidelines are not exhaustive and the Community moderators will have full discretion to remove any content (which includes downloadable links, third-party apps and extensions) they deem inappropriate. This includes messages sent through the private message area of the Community. In addition, the moderators are not obligated to remove any content, even if it violates the Guidelines. You should understand, violating these Guidelines may have consequences ranging from a warning to banning.
On occasion, we will move discussions if they belong in a different category. We will also close/remove duplicate discussions and/or replies that we deem to be inappropriate or disruptive to the community, this also includes revoking kudos given on those posts. Our intention is not to censor, but to foster an environment that is easy to use and productive for all those involved.