🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork.com is now fully available from your m...
Page options

Upwork.com is now fully available from your mobile browser.

lenaellis
Community Member

This month we will be rolling out all new mobile Upwork pages so that you can access almost all of Upwork.com from your mobile browsers ie: Chrome or Safari, (this functionality isn't available yet on our Upwork apps but will be in a couple of months). We understand that although many of our users access Upwork through their desktop, an overwhelming majority have shared feedback wanting to be able to access Upwork and its features on the go. Our developers and design teams have been working diligently these past few months to roll out this new mobile experience for you. We updated 87 pages and over 150 components. These efforts have made it so that 99% of Upwork will now be accessible on your mobile browser, giving users 10x more functionality than the current mobile experience.

There are still a few things that are only available on the desktop site, and those include- taking skill tests, linking certain payment methods like PayPal and Direct to Local Bank payments. Along with completing verification processes (identity, location), filing disputes, and accessing certain reports and settings.

We will be rolling this out gradually to our users over the next couple weeks and will update you all when this is live for everyone. When available, you can check out the new experience by going to Upwork.com on your mobile browser. As you start to use this new experience, please share your feedback. Updates to our mobile app are coming soon as well, so stay tuned!

18-0820-animation-CL.gif

16 Comments
jeeves503
Community Member

oh ok

abutlerdesign
Community Member

Is there any plan to develop an Upwork app for the iPad that would take screenshots at regular intervals like the desktop app? I am a designer who does quite a bit of sketching on my iPad, which I have to enter as manual time. It would be great to have the same functionality on the iPad as on the desktop.

researchediting
Community Member

@Amanda B wrote:

Is there any plan to develop an Upwork app for the iPad that would take screenshots at regular intervals like the desktop app? I am a designer who does quite a bit of sketching on my iPad, which I have to enter as manual time. It would be great to have the same functionality on the iPad as on the desktop.

Other contractors who know more about this than I do have said such a function is not available via iOS (and I believe Android), or at least not available in a way that suits Upwork's needs. Since I have used timer apps on both iOS and Android (and am not a technical person), I'm not sure what the particular obstacle(s) might be. 

lenaellis
Community Member

Hi Amanda,

This current update is for the mobile website, however we will be updating both our Android and iOS apps in the near future to provide more functionalities. I don't know off hand if a time tracker will be added to the mobile app. When we have more details on those releases we will let you know. 

xrmsquared
Community Member

This new version of the mobile website will be a welcome update.

I really hope this will see the Upwork website become 'responsive' in terms of web design, i.e. the same pages and functionalities re-flowing depending on the size of the device.

Currently tablet devices are restricted to an oversized mobile phone version of the site, which has always been a frustration.

Look forward to seeing this new update.

kmahmud
Community Member
It will be useful for us
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

We’re happy to announce that Upwork.com is now fully available from your mobile browser!  When you visit Upwork.com on your mobile device, you now have the flexibility to conduct your business on the go by having access to almost every feature available, right at your fingertips.

Please check out this new experience by going to Upwork.com on your mobile browser and share your feedback with us. 

purplepony
Community Member

Valeria, thanks for the update.  Which features are not available and when are they scheduled to be available?  Thanks!

VladimirG
Community Manager

Thanks for your question Pat. Nearly all of our most-used pages will be available when you access Upwork.com from a mobile browser. However, you will not be able to do several things via the mobile browser. These include:

• Take skills tests

• Link a PayPal account, add Direct to Local Bank payment methods, and request wire transfers

• Complete a verification process (identity, location, etc.)

• File a dispute

• Access certain reports, including transaction history and earnings reports

• Access certain settings, including tax information, financial accounts, team information

• For enterprise clients: Access to certain settings will be limited, including custom fields, index page and offer requirements.

We don't have an ETA for when these features will be included at the moment, stay tuned and let us know your feedback!

purplepony
Community Member

Thanks for the information, Vlad.