🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork has transitioned from a private to pub...
Page options

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

lenaellis
Community Member

We are excited to share the news that today Upwork became a public company.  We are so grateful and appreciative of the freelancers and clients who sailed this journey with us and believe in Upwork and our role in the future of work. You are helping us fulfill our vision of a world where people can work without limits.

As an Upwork customer you may be wondering how this news may change the Upwork platform. The move from a private company to a public one will not change how Upwork operates. Your experience stays the same and we are not considering any pricing or fee changes at this time.  We’re committed to our mission of creating more economic opportunities so people have better lives. This public offering will allow us to continue to invest in our business and our mission.

We are extremely proud of this moment, and we hope you share this pride alongside us. At Nasdaq today, we brought you with us as we celebrate, knowing our users are the core of our business. This would not have been possible without all of you. We are only successful if you are. This is truly a joint effort.

18-09-Times-Square-Nasdaq-Mockup_Twitter_440x220@2x.png

Also check out this blog post about our ad campaign in Times Square, NY, featuring freelancers.

Click here to read our blog post, which includes a letter from our CEO Stephane Kasriel.

From all of us at Upwork, Thank you!

Let us know if you have any questions.

125 Comments
shukurlu
Community Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

allergywriter
Community Member

Actually you can only get it on reserve at this point.

ianval
Community Member

CONGRATS

allergywriter
Community Member

The stock is currently only trading on reserve right now.

I've reserved my shares.

Just curious if anyone else bought in today.

vvasiluk
Community Member

Where did you reserve from?

umer_rafiq
Community Member
Hi,
I am a top rated and maintaining 100% job success score. Please add me in your books :’D
gmanalili
Community Member

Congratulations Upwork!

So proud to be part of this community - 10 years and counting!

honeyecoy
Community Member

Cheers!!

mainurbd
Community Member
Congratulations!!!
marni_can
Community Member

This news woke me up! I hope we'll have a way to invest part of our earnings through stocks because I believe this move is a significant milestone that can propel Upwork to new heights. In this regard, I want to join this company in its success and at the same time earn, too!