🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork has transitioned from a private to pub...
Page options

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

lenaellis
Community Member

We are excited to share the news that today Upwork became a public company.  We are so grateful and appreciative of the freelancers and clients who sailed this journey with us and believe in Upwork and our role in the future of work. You are helping us fulfill our vision of a world where people can work without limits.

As an Upwork customer you may be wondering how this news may change the Upwork platform. The move from a private company to a public one will not change how Upwork operates. Your experience stays the same and we are not considering any pricing or fee changes at this time.  We’re committed to our mission of creating more economic opportunities so people have better lives. This public offering will allow us to continue to invest in our business and our mission.

We are extremely proud of this moment, and we hope you share this pride alongside us. At Nasdaq today, we brought you with us as we celebrate, knowing our users are the core of our business. This would not have been possible without all of you. We are only successful if you are. This is truly a joint effort.

18-09-Times-Square-Nasdaq-Mockup_Twitter_440x220@2x.png

Also check out this blog post about our ad campaign in Times Square, NY, featuring freelancers.

Click here to read our blog post, which includes a letter from our CEO Stephane Kasriel.

From all of us at Upwork, Thank you!

Let us know if you have any questions.

125 Comments
jodypm
Community Member

Hi Lena,

Thank you for your post.

I am wishing all of you the very best in health and prosperity as you transition to a public company. I am excited about your IPO and I have already made plans to start investing myself as I see a very bright future for Upwork.

Thank you for providing such a great platform: I consider it an honor to be both a freelancer and client.

Congratulations!Congratulations!

Congratulations!

michaelkostiv
Community Member

Congratulations! #UpworkTogether

heenav72
Community Member

Great news! it's certainly a proud moment. 
I definitely look forward to be on TIME SQUARE BILLBOARD 🙂
More power to  #UpworkTogether

marni_can
Community Member

Do you know any broker if people outside the US want to invest? Thanks

faraz_quazi
Community Member
Congratulations UPWORK! Nice move!
So proud to be part of the Upwork community.
Wish you all the best for the future!
wallisurribarri
Community Member

I am very proud to be a part of Upwork and what each and one of us are doing to make a positive impact on the world! Not only you are creating opportunities to have better lives, but us freelancers have also a share on inspiring others to do the same. Congratulations! 

sheikhaminulbd
Community Member

Congratulations! Let's go further together!

When I was feeling helpless, Upwork helped me. Upwork changed my life.

svillaruz87
Community Member
Hi. This is good news! Congratulations Upwork and to all of us! How much is the cost per share in purchasing stock?
sunil99104394
Community Member

Congratulations Upwork!!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Denis, Anela, Ambereen, Sabrin and others, 

We occasionally send invitations asking Top Rated freelancers if they’d like to be included in Upwork advertising. If you are Top Rated, you may be invited in the future. Note: If you want to be sure to not miss an invite, make sure you haven’t opted out of receiving marketing emails from us. Email emailcare@upwork.com to confirm your subscription status and/or get opted-in.