🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork has transitioned from a private to pub...
Page options

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

lenaellis
Community Member

We are excited to share the news that today Upwork became a public company.  We are so grateful and appreciative of the freelancers and clients who sailed this journey with us and believe in Upwork and our role in the future of work. You are helping us fulfill our vision of a world where people can work without limits.

As an Upwork customer you may be wondering how this news may change the Upwork platform. The move from a private company to a public one will not change how Upwork operates. Your experience stays the same and we are not considering any pricing or fee changes at this time.  We’re committed to our mission of creating more economic opportunities so people have better lives. This public offering will allow us to continue to invest in our business and our mission.

We are extremely proud of this moment, and we hope you share this pride alongside us. At Nasdaq today, we brought you with us as we celebrate, knowing our users are the core of our business. This would not have been possible without all of you. We are only successful if you are. This is truly a joint effort.

18-09-Times-Square-Nasdaq-Mockup_Twitter_440x220@2x.png

Also check out this blog post about our ad campaign in Times Square, NY, featuring freelancers.

Click here to read our blog post, which includes a letter from our CEO Stephane Kasriel.

From all of us at Upwork, Thank you!

Let us know if you have any questions.

125 Comments
mfgadariya
Community Member

Congratulations!

paulb2112
Community Member

We all did this! After a long, near-death rare lung disease and illness, life support, 2 months in the hosiptal, and having to sell most of my possessions, I am back on my feet and able to breathe normally and live life to its fullest.  Joining Upwork and now being a "Top-Rated" deisgner has become a major way for me to boost my finances and become financially sound while not having to leave the comfort of my home. Upwork is life-altering, and trust me I can attest to this. I'm proud to be part of this community. If we keep our work ethic and standards high, growth will only be an opportunity for us to reach greater heights.

rasge10
Community Member

Congrats Upwork! And my freelancers friends!

kodokan1234
Community Member

Another milestone! I am really glad that the platform achieved this! 

Froilan Joseph Chavez

paulb2112
Community Member

Hi Valeria, How do we know if we were included in the 228 profiessionals ad? I was invited to be part of the process, shortly after I got my Top Rated stautus, but how do we know if we were selected for this Times square announcement? Thanks! 🙂 

nafisahabib
Community Member

Many congrats Upwork. Just to say it's always a pleasure to be a part of this great freelancing website. Many thanks for opening my eyes and giving me the opportunity to see the world. Love you always! 

rishi88raj
Community Member

Great! Congrats!!

mostafamamun
Community Member
Congratulations......
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Paul.

Thanks for reaching out and for providing us with permission to use your image. You can find details on the ad campaign currently running in Times Square here. We’ll email freelancers that were featured a link to find themselves in a video by October 5, 2018. We received an overwhelming amount of responses and were not able to include a majority of the freelancers that granted permission due to limited space. But we'll do our best to feature you in future campaigns.

slavengdnb
Community Member

Hi Vladislav, I'm joining to your idea! It's best question. We gotta lauch it with #.