🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork has transitioned from a private to pub...
Page options

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

lenaellis
Community Member

We are excited to share the news that today Upwork became a public company.  We are so grateful and appreciative of the freelancers and clients who sailed this journey with us and believe in Upwork and our role in the future of work. You are helping us fulfill our vision of a world where people can work without limits.

As an Upwork customer you may be wondering how this news may change the Upwork platform. The move from a private company to a public one will not change how Upwork operates. Your experience stays the same and we are not considering any pricing or fee changes at this time.  We’re committed to our mission of creating more economic opportunities so people have better lives. This public offering will allow us to continue to invest in our business and our mission.

We are extremely proud of this moment, and we hope you share this pride alongside us. At Nasdaq today, we brought you with us as we celebrate, knowing our users are the core of our business. This would not have been possible without all of you. We are only successful if you are. This is truly a joint effort.

18-09-Times-Square-Nasdaq-Mockup_Twitter_440x220@2x.png

Also check out this blog post about our ad campaign in Times Square, NY, featuring freelancers.

Click here to read our blog post, which includes a letter from our CEO Stephane Kasriel.

From all of us at Upwork, Thank you!

Let us know if you have any questions.

125 Comments
paulb2112
Community Member

Hi Valeria, I appreciate that so much, My story is actually pretty unique because  I was hospitalized in 2013 at Yale for close to two months with a very rare lung disease, and almost died. During a procedure to take a lung biopsy, they cut my lung and I had tremendous internal bleeding, and was immediately on life support and on 100% hi flow oxygen for 22 days, then spent over two years recovering. I had to learn to walk again and use my arms and hands after being in bed for 5 weeks. During that time,  I lost my home, and had to sell 90% of my possessions, over years of hard work,  just to get back on my feet. I was unable to work and meet clients and do my photography, because I was relapsing from the lung disease,  so my friend Melissa had success on Upwork and told me about it. I was able to start working on Upwork in March and now I now have a 99% Success Rate and tons of new clients. Upwork basically saved me and restored my self-confidence and worth, and made it possible for me to fully recover and pay for medication and all that I need. It’s been a life-altering experience and I’d love to share my story. 

adeocodecom
Community Member
I just wanna say that im glad that you are advancing!
You are unique platform and I will try to contribute it as much as I can!
Best,
PETER
joannarojas
Community Member

Congratulations Upwork!

kaushikparmar88
Community Member
Hi. This is good news! Congratulations Upwork and to all of us!
vinod111
Community Member

Hello Valeria,

First of all congratulations to not only Upwork but to all support team as well. You people are always available here to resolve every query.

Actually a few weeks ago I have proceeded on to get included in advertising as I am a Top Rated freelancer so is there chance that I am a part of this advertising? Where can I see the full video of this advertisement which consists of all selected freelancer in the advertisement? freelancer get a notification if they are used in the advertisement?

Thanks,

Vinod

jibran_designer
Community Member

Hey,

That's a great news! Very happy to see what was once an unknown venture into an unknown space has now become a global force. Extremely proud to be a part of Upwork since the time it used to have "yellow" buttons rather than the eco-friendly green theme 🙂 Wishing Upwork, and all of freelancers/clients, many more successes like this 🙂

namughal67
Community Member

Good Morning,

Congratulations to ALL who have made it to this list, it is such a rewarding program. How do I know if I made it to this list or not? I believe I am top rated since the program started.

Regards,

newchallange
Community Member
Hope more approach for Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Vinod and Naveed,

Thanks for reaching out and for providing us with permission to use your image. You can find details on the ad campaign currently running in Times Square here. We’ll email freelancers that were featured a link to find themselves in a video by October 5, 2018. We received an overwhelming amount of responses and were not able to include a majority of the freelancers that granted permission due to limited space. But we'll do our best to feature you in future campaigns.

sumi1966
Community Member

Congratulations to Upwork for this new milestone. Hope the bull stays with you always and I wish that Upwork stays ahead of all job portals for decades to come.