🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork has transitioned from a private to pub...
Page options

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

lenaellis
Community Member

We are excited to share the news that today Upwork became a public company.  We are so grateful and appreciative of the freelancers and clients who sailed this journey with us and believe in Upwork and our role in the future of work. You are helping us fulfill our vision of a world where people can work without limits.

As an Upwork customer you may be wondering how this news may change the Upwork platform. The move from a private company to a public one will not change how Upwork operates. Your experience stays the same and we are not considering any pricing or fee changes at this time.  We’re committed to our mission of creating more economic opportunities so people have better lives. This public offering will allow us to continue to invest in our business and our mission.

We are extremely proud of this moment, and we hope you share this pride alongside us. At Nasdaq today, we brought you with us as we celebrate, knowing our users are the core of our business. This would not have been possible without all of you. We are only successful if you are. This is truly a joint effort.

18-09-Times-Square-Nasdaq-Mockup_Twitter_440x220@2x.png

Also check out this blog post about our ad campaign in Times Square, NY, featuring freelancers.

Click here to read our blog post, which includes a letter from our CEO Stephane Kasriel.

From all of us at Upwork, Thank you!

Let us know if you have any questions.

125 Comments
andrewnabil95
Community Member

Hey Valeria,

Shouldn't the video be uploaded by now? it says in the post The link will be available by October 4, 2018 at 9 p.m. PT.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Andrew,

Please, allow until the end of the day for the video to become available. It should be available by 9 p.m. PT.

yamens
Community Member
Congratulations!
sarahlipnica
Community Member
Congratulations Upwork 👍 I’m very proud to be part of this community. Keep up the great work!
princess_bless
Community Member

Wow love it...how to buy

guillegalaviz
Community Member

Many congrats Upwork I'm glad to be part of this wonderful family. I hope to see my face in the campaign!💕🤞🏼

jsena
Community Member

I'm still waiting for the video. Is Upwork going to post the video today so that we can see the 228 professionals? 

cheeley18
Community Member

@Jacquelene S wrote:

I'm still waiting for the video. Is Upwork going to post the video today so that we can see the 228 professionals? 

Me too 😄 They said that the link will be available by Oct 4, at 9pm PT. But it's now 10:35pm and I still see no link T_T 

jsena
Community Member

Yes I've been refreshing for hours now and yet no video yet perhaps they forgot to upload it today.

guillegalaviz
Community Member

They uploaded this one on Youtube, but i don't think this is the final version, we'll have to wait https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-L7EdJ71kI&feature=youtu.be